New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwhoward
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  09:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently had a set of Tendril devices setup by my electric company to monitor my thermostat in the house, then I had a solar system installed and they said it ( the Tendril devices) would no longer work with the solar system meter.
I would like to monitor my solar generation, electric meter which has both (used by me and sent to the grid) readouts ( it is an Itron SK2-8607 ), I would also like to be able to monitor various appliances within the house to a centralized website to see the daily solar generation, my solar kWh sent to the grid,my electrical usage and individual appliance requirements. A 15min or less set of data would be desirable.
I have searched the web and have not found integrated devices to build this type of system.

nexlar
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  9:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit nexlar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Owl Wireless Electricity Monitor allows people to keep track of their electricity usage in terms of power, cost per hour, and carbon emissions. The Owl Wireless Electricity Monitor is composed of three parts: a sensor clip, a sender box, and a remote monitor.
Go to Top of Page

pwfletcher

22 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  5:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit pwfletcher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My TED system does that and integrates with my Insteon home control system... google them ;-)

Edited by - pwfletcher on 02/27/2013 5:04:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

4467 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2013 :  03:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does your TED MTU's constant power line signals interfere with the Insteon power line signals?
I know some have used a wired in filter to isolate the circuit the TED is on from the rest of the house.
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
1243 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  4:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cwhoward

I recently had a set of Tendril devices setup by my electric company to monitor my thermostat in the house, then I had a solar system installed and they said it ( the Tendril devices) would no longer work with the solar system meter.
I would like to monitor my solar generation, electric meter which has both (used by me and sent to the grid) readouts ( it is an Itron SK2-8607 ), I would also like to be able to monitor various appliances within the house to a centralized website to see the daily solar generation, my solar kWh sent to the grid,my electrical usage and individual appliance requirements. A 15min or less set of data would be desirable.
I have searched the web and have not found integrated devices to build this type of system.

I hope this proves helpful to you. I have been extremely pleased with this purchase and has provided me a wealth of technical and historic information about my consumption and usage.

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162749

Teken . . .
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
1243 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  1:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the updated thread moving forward for the GEM: http://brultech.com/home/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=929

Teken . . .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page