Keypad status from another keypad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AussieInSeattle
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  08:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I searched for an answer in these forums to no avail (doesnt help that search is super slow).

I have two 6 button keypad's. For the issue below I have control all working fine between both devices, it is just status that is an issue.

Keypad 1 uses the top/bottom Load/On and Off buttons (two sep buttons) to control some lights. I have Keypad 2's A button toggling Keypad 1's load on and off - this works fine.
However when I turn Keypad 1's lights on/off the status light on Keypad 2 Button A does not update.
I've tried linking Keypad 1 On as the controller and Keypad Button A as the responder. I also tried linking Keypad 1 Off button as controller and Keypad 2 Button A as the responder but it does not seem to work.

Anyone have any instruction on how to do this?

Thanks,
Matt

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8566 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  09:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AussieInSeattle
I've tried linking Keypad 1 On as the controller and Keypad Button A as the responder.

Different keypads? That should be all that is necessary. Once you link the On button as controller of button A, any time you use the On or Off button button A should respond.

Let's try a test. Test 1: turn on button A. Now press the other keypad's big On button. Does button A turn off in response to the On button press?

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

AussieInSeattle
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  10:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks TFitz.
I removed all the links and just added On button as controller of button A and it is all working as expected now - previously I had also linked the Off button to button A so I think that was confusing it somehow.
Regards,
Matt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page