New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmed999
Average Member

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  7:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just installed 2 Venstar 1700s. Everything seems to be working fine except when I adjust the setpoint on my ISY and mobilinc the setpoint on the thermostat doesn't change. When I do a right click and query on the thermostat it just goes back to what the setpoint is on the thermostat instead of my new setpoint via my ISY or Mobilinc.

How can I fix this? Thanks!

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8607 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  7:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best place for ISY troubleshooting is the manufacturer's own support site: http://forum.universal-devices.com

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

jmed999
Average Member

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  8:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh...I was thinking it's a Venstar issue not an ISY issue.
Go to Top of Page

jmed999
Average Member

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  04:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So should I have the capability to change the setpoint of the Venstar via my controller (ISY & Mobilinc)? I think it's a Venstar troubleshooting issue since the ISY changes when I change the setpoint via the ISY or Mobilinc. The Venstar is what isn't changing.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8607 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can change the setpoint of my thermostat using MobiLinc, so I know that it is possible. There just isn't enough information presented yet to determine the source of your trouble.

The ISY is a very sophisticated controller that interacts with Insteon devices at a much 'deeper' level than other controllers, so the troubleshooting technique is substantially different. The ISY forum is a fantastic resource where they can help you determine if the ISY firmware version is mismatched with the thermostat version (older versions of ISY firmware don't support the checksums required to work with all features of newer Insteon hardware); they can guide you through verifying the thermostat was added using the correct technique (if you add a device using a legacy ISY technique, only a subset of device control features are supported); they can walk you through using ISY-exclusive features like the link comparison tool, the scene test tool, and the detailed event log; and they can help you interpret results to get you up and running.

Try it, you'll like it! http://forum.universal-devices.com

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11476 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  11:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MobiLinc accesses the Insteon network and thus the thermostat via the ISY, not on its own.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page