Multiroom Temperature and Humidity Datalogging
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rymszewicz
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  5:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I've been searching for a product that just might not exist.

I have an Insteon system up and running just fine with my ISY-994i/IR PRO. I also have the ISY/ELK module up and running with my ELK system. Programming is insanely easy, everything is happy!

Until I try to find a product that can datalog temperature and humidity levels on a room-by-room basis, that I can integrate with a zoned (room-by-room) heating/cooling system and be able to control the whole thing over LAN and WAN. There are a few other necessities like monitoring a few less hospitable areas like sheds and pump houses (it'd be nice to control the heater in the pump house remotely as well as by Insteon ApplianceLinc).

The one product I can see that my fit the bill, and integrate with my systems, is the Insteon Thermostat 2441TH. A bit on the expensive side at $150 a wack, but I've spent worse on far less functional. Besides, other multi-point datalogging systems would cost a few thousand dollars from what I've seen. I suppose I'll have to get a few of the wireless

The only issues I see is not only are they not compatible with Mobilinc (yet) but there doesn't seem to be a datalogging feature. Or is there one I may be able to use with the ISY? Also, would I be able to monitor and control multiple 2441THs on the same system? Is there another system that may work better? Thank you for your help!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page