Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 INSTEON
 Intellihome 2.5 - Now supports ISY and iPhone 5!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  5:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes... We found a bug with the max hops configuration on version 2.3... :(
The update is already under approval as well as support for iPhone 5 and iOS6..
Sorry for the inconvenience

INTELLiHome iOS App Developer - Floorplan based control for ISY, Insteon Hub & Smartlinc
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/intellihome/id534998430?mt=8
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  08:29:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Version 2.4 is ready for download and fixes the bug introduced in 2.3.... Please update and let me know the results.

INTELLiHome iOS App Developer - Floorplan based control for ISY, Insteon Hub & Smartlinc

Edited by - piratacs on 09/21/2012 08:30:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

roadking2003

38 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  09:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I now have the app, but don't know how to get started. Is there a source for help?
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  10:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have some FAQs on the facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/INTELLiHome-iPadiPhone-App/456526171035354?ref=hl

But basically it narrows down to:

1. Press edit button
2. Press the setting button on the bottom bar
3. Enter your controller information
4. Press the Auto Detect scenes
5. Select the scenes you like to add to your current floorplan
6. Press the Floorplan button on the bottom bar and select an image for your floorplan
7. Move your lights around to place them.

We will be more than glad to help on our facebook page if you run into any issues.

Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  12:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SYSTEMS RESTORED,...ALL PARAMETERS ARE WITHIN OPERATING, UH...PARAMETERS. Ok, everything's fine. Now if the icon stability placement could be tightened up a bit then, WINNER!!! The adjustable hop count was pure geniuse. Now refreshing scenes can be skipped altogether since it doesn't actually lite the icon due to multiple switches in the scene. That speeds up everything! GREAT JOB PIRATICS! Keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  1:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Instaman... The icon placement ha been taken care of for the next update... We had to get rid of the status bar for it to work perfectly...
We found an issue with ISY autodetect when scenes only have one device.. That is being taken care of as well.
Please consider a good AppStore review :)

Go to Top of Page

icerabbit
Average Member

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  06:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm new to home automation in as far as that I don't have anything installed yet, and have been researching various options. WHere initially I was just thinking Insteon + SmartLinc, I'm now considering Insteon + ISY as my likely choice to automate various garden lighting and other accessory functions due to easier setup of components and thinks like easier changes, component replacement, ...

I like what I have seen so far about intellihome.

I have a question regarding the ISY compatibility. I understand I would do the initial install & set everything up through the ISY.

Then is intellihome a direct interface, as if I were to configure the ISY through a desktop browser, and supports setup functions? Or is intellihome more of a visual "read only" front end with limited functionality to just turn things on/off.

( In other words: does intellihome copy/download the ISY setup once? And need to be refreshed as changes are made in ISY? Or does intellihome link to the ISY directly on an ongoing basis? Does intellihome allow "reprogramming", linking, ... functions?
Any additional scenes or changes that I want to make ... will I make those through the desktop browser in ISY? Or does intellihome support "programming" and / or making programming changes ... at which level? )

Thank you :)
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  06:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Icerabbit: The current version is a "read-only" control which basically syncs to your ISY/Smartlinc scenes and turns them on/off and refreshes the status.
For now, any additional programming/setup must be done in your computer.
If you add a new scene, you would have to Auto detect scenes again and select only your new scene to add it to your floorplan. All existing scenes and placement remain intact.

Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  1:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Version 2.5 is ready for download.... Now the item placement will be saved correctly on any device orientation.
Also, an ISY autodetect bug has been fixed.

Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  4:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were from "Quiarzinot", I'd give you FIVE THUMBS UP. Provided Quiarzinotians had thumbs. You got it! Thank you for the diligent job of making sure what you execute is exactly the way you intended it to be. You work fast!
Allow me to enlighten those who may still be having trouble with placement.
For those who already have there floor plan set and you move the icons a smiggen from their present location , like less than a 1/4 inch, then they will not stay in the new position.
What you have to do is first move the icon like a few inches, release, then move it back to the exact position you want it placed, release and It stays! (SMILES!)
Thanks again Piratacs.
PS. What's next? Nope, don't say...surprise me!
Go to Top of Page

icerabbit
Average Member

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  05:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by piratacs

Icerabbit: The current version is a "read-only" control which basically syncs to your ISY/Smartlinc scenes and turns them on/off and refreshes the status.
For now, any additional programming/setup must be done in your computer.
If you add a new scene, you would have to Auto detect scenes again and select only your new scene to add it to your floorplan. All existing scenes and placement remain intact.

Thank you for confirming. That's what I suspected.

Couple more thoughts:

Is there ability to change floor plans? Like change background and then simply re-arrange the icons?

Are plans scaled to fit the screen of any particular device? For instance is a plan that fits the screen of an iPad3 scaled down for the iPhone & iPad1/2? Or do you have to pan & scroll.

How are multiple floors handled? Just create a bigger plan with the different floors side by side?
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  07:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. Yes. You may change the background at any time and just rearrange your icons.
2. The image you select is stretche to fit the screen. You should save your jpg to the dimensions of the device you will be using.
3. Each floor has a different floorplan or picture. You just upload a different picture

Go to Top of Page

icerabbit
Average Member

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  07:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.

re: 2.
Is it "fit to screen" (scaled down & up) rather than stretch (which suggests enlarging a lower resolution image)?
And icon placement is saved relative to the scaling of the image?

What would you suggest as the best floor plan resolution when you have an iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPad 1 and iPad 3 in the same home?

Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  08:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It either sales up or down, depending on the size of the image.
You should make a different floorplan with the native resoluion for each of your devices for best performance.
The icon placement is saved relative to the screen resolution.

Go to Top of Page

icerabbit
Average Member

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  09:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can probably do that without too much effort - maybe do it in SketchUp and scale the output, improve on the drawing as time permits.

So, then I'd install the app on every device, load the appropriately sized background for each device and do the icon placements.

By the way - is it a swipe left - right to change floor plans?

Sorry for the practical questions. Can't tell all the details from the description & screen shots
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  10:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes... It's swipe left/right. You can see the dots on top represent each floorplan.

Go to Top of Page

icerabbit
Average Member

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  10:35:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you.

I saw the dots, but didn't know if that was going from floorplan to floorplan; or from floorplan to settings to ?

I'll probably get the app in a few weeks.
Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  11:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as much as I hate to revisit an issue, I must. Piratics, we're going to have to revisit that whole landscape orientation thing for the iOS6 and intellihome ver 2.5 thing all over again, sadness. It appears the upgrade to the new iPad operating system 6 software has left the orientation of the floor plan in dissoray. Hope you can check on this and get a fix out soon. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  11:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the configuration was old, then with the new algorithm, the placing could not match... But if you place them again it should maintain the correct position and show it correctly...

Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  2:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, let me clarify. The icons do stay in place, the floor plan rotates out of position if the iPad is turned left or right and won't correct itself even when you return the iPad to its original position, the position used when you first placed the floor plan on the screen. Also, when I went back and started the app a few hours later the floor plan was gone and only half the icons were there, some were even cut off. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  2:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checked again, icons and floor plan will only hold portrait orientation, not landscape. Revisited.
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  4:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm... I will do some testing on the iPad... Thanks for the report.

Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  04:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piratics, just noticed two more things. Hops count settings are missing (know how hard you worked on that) and the scene load bar is only moving for the first scene that loads when adding multiple switches from the smartlinc to the floor plan. It's still loading them all, just that the indicator isn't corresponding to where its at (frozen) in the loading process like it was in the previous versions. I hope I'm not knit-picking, just want the level of expertise the program was at before iOs6 screwed it up.

"Thanks Instaman... The icon placement ha been taken care of for the next update... We had to get rid of the status bar for it to work perfectly...
We found an issue with ISY autodetect when scenes only have one device.. That is being taken care of as well.
Please consider a good AppStore review :)"

I listen to alot of different music genres but if I had to choose the one I listen to the most, I'd say it was Manelee Arnbee (mainly r&b) :)
Was waaaay ahead of you on that one, dude what took you so long, smiles.

Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  06:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found the issue with iOS6... It now natively opens the app in Landscape, as opposed to opening in Portrait and rotating it in iOS5...
This causes the wierd behavior you are experiencing...
Almost ready... Would you mind moving the support conversations to our favebook page so we don't continue flaming this post? :)
Haha! Thanks again for that review...
Regarding the hop count: after some extra research, I found an automatic way of sending hop counts that works for every case. Thats why it's gone on this version.

Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  07:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your welcome. I agree. Over.
Go to Top of Page

piratacs

Guatemala
225 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  08:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit piratacs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New version under Appstore review to deal with the landscape issue on iOS6 and iPad, as well as some minor changes.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page