LED blinker relay
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LeslieAxley
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  7:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's Up All, thought I'd get me newbie feet wet with an issue I've recently come across. I've changed around my lights, interior and exterior, to LEDs. Brake lights and parking lights are all working well, and I recently replaced the factory relay with an Led compatible relay for the LED signal lights. When the full headlights are off (during the day), the turn signals function properly with a nice steady blink, but I noticed that the dash lights, particularly the P/R/N/D, tend to dim when the signals are flashing. At night when I turn the headlights on Parking lights or Full Headlights, the turn signal lights on the dash iluminate with a dim light, and then flash brighter when the signals are turned on. Also, the speed of the signals blink, decreases quite a bit. Have any of you experienced this, or know what the issue may be? Maybe faulty relay, or electrical system sensing the difference in wattage,therefore showing a bad/blown lightbulb scenario?

Thanks,Damon.

Edited by - LeslieAxley on 09/11/2012 7:03:10 PM

stusviews

USA
11446 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  8:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some information about the vehicle, what in particular you changed, and what you changed it to may help someone to assist you.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page