Wireless Dry Contact
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mmurray
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  08:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit mmurray's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have photoelectric sensor/relay which has non-volt wires coming off it that are connected to a portable device and when the photoelectric sensor/relay is interrupted, it turns the device on and off. Accept for the fact that it is a pain in the butt aligning the photoelectric sensor with the polarizing reflector, the system works fine. The original wiring from the sensor was about 20 feet, I have increased it to about 50 feet and Im starting to have problems. Perhaps the problem is all of the splicing I have done in the wiring or the battery is starting to get weak, either way, I want to replace the wires with wireless. Is there a low cost portable (DC) transmitter/receiver that can transfer the on/off from my sensor to trigger a device? Basically what I need is a (50 feet) wireless dry contact. I have looked at a few options, but they are usually (AC) and/or way too expensive. Thanks in advance for your help.

stusviews

USA
11459 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  11:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A TriggerLinc has terminals that connect to a dry contact switch (instead of using the magnet). It can send a wireless signal and is fully battery operated.

An Access Point can receive the signal from the TriggerLinc and place it on the powerline.

An I/O Linc can translate the powerline signals respond with NO or NC dry contacts.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

mmurray
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  4:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmurray's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess I forgot to add that this is a portable device that is not related to home security at all.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11459 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  4:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TriggerLinc
Dimensions: 3.46" x 1.32" x 0.76"
Weight: 3.5 oz
Power: 1 AA Alkaline Battery (included)

Go to Top of Page

nexlar
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  8:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit nexlar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to add this what is the procedure to add this, Can you mention some steps to add it.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11459 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  9:44:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no mentioning of steps that work in all situations. The steps must be followed in precise order (and sometimes timing) depending on what you want to add it to, HouseLinc? SmartLinc? Insteon app? ISY? an Insteon responder? other?

Edited by - stusviews on 11/11/2012 9:47:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page