Rate My Invention!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gointercom
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  3:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Send gointercom an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys. I'm developing a new home automation product and was hoping to get some opinions.

It's an inexpensive system which allows you to answer your door from your smartphone. This means you don't have to put up with not hearing the doorbell, guessing who's at the door, or an annoying doorbell ring.

The product doesn't exist yet, so I'm hoping to get your opinions before I spend even more money making it a reality.

I've attached a brief overview of it in a picture below and have some questions for you...

1. What do you think of the general idea?
2. Would you buy it? If yes, what's the biggest benefit of this product?
3. If you wouldn't buy it, please tell me why.

This project is really important to me, so any opinions (negative and positive) are most welcome.

anthonyc12
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  01:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would definitely buy it as soon as it gets out. reason behind is with the help of this gadget i don't need to get out of my comfort zone to check who is out side.
another important reason is i have lots of annoying neighbors kids they are crazy and hit the bell and run away. i also wanna catch them.

Anthony Cole
Go to Top of Page

porsche_kid
Average Member

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  5:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would buy it too. I'd been looking at auto dialers and interfacing it with the door bell so I can answer it with my iphone but no luck. The closest that I can find was the Doorbell Fone but that only interfaces with your house phone.
Go to Top of Page

porsche_kid
Average Member

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  5:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, your invention should include an iphone app that when the doorbell button is pushed, it text messages you so you can open the app that connects to your camera and doorbell speaker. In that way, you can talk to and see the person in your front door.
Go to Top of Page

knuckleheadreflect
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  6:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks great to me. Is it secure?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page