New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jake7363
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  7:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm new to the security concept and am investigating a Smarthome IP Camera, Item# 75790 - which is an indoor, dome model. My question has to do with an indoor or outdoor unit. I live in a condo development where foot traffic can go unnoticed at certain points. I want to secure both my front door (which also has a sidelight window) as well as the patio (large for a condo).
It would seem obvious that the outdoor would be the answer, but because the camera positions are limited, they can also easily be put out of commission due to the areas' lack of visibility. That leads me to the question as to whether the indoor model (mentioned in paragraph 1) would be functional through glass.
I didn't see any support provided on the item, so here I am.

All comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

stusviews

USA
11486 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  8:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't specifically tried the SmartHome camera through glass, but every other camera I tried worked ... until the IR LEDs came on (which the camera sees as white light).

If you're concerned about 'lack of visibility,' then your choices are strategic location, wide angle lens, and/or more than one camera.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

jake7363
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  4:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm... I guess I need to do more homework. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

SDanielT
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2012 :  2:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The camera will not work through glass with the IR on. It washes out very badly. Same issue I'm having.
Go to Top of Page

kilo32

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  08:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know if the SH wireleess ip camera is the same as that sold by Foscam? They certainly look the same. I'm interested for a couple of different reasons. SH does not offer or know what size is needed for an extension to their power supply. Foscan offers a 10 foot extension but I would need to know if the connector sizes are the same. Also if it's the same cam then Foscam has one for $74.99 or an upgraded one for $93.99. They also have an HD cam for around $150.

**** I spoke with SH today and they did say cams from SH and Foscam are one in the same as far as the power supply.

Edited by - kilo32 on 01/22/2013 09:25:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

tomg
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  09:37:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 75790. Everything works fine and I can access it thru the internet or on my phone. My question is can it be viewed using IE 8 64 bit? When using a 32 bit browser there are no issues but once I bring the camera up on my 64 bit laptop it locks the machine. It is so bad that nothing other than shuting the power down will get me out of it.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11486 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  10:42:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a similar difficulty using XP Pro 64x, IE 8 64-bit. The initial screen appears, but no image. But, I experience no difficulty navigating away.

My solution was to install 32-bit IE (in addition to 64-bit).

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

tomg
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  11:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well with the 32 bit IE it locks and when I use the 64 bit IE I get no video and none of the controls will work.
Go to Top of Page

tomg
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  11:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW I am using win 7
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: