Pet Care & Pest Control
 Home-Brew Barking Solution?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimspy

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  10:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We've tried the Bark Smart, the Barker Breaker, etc. to control our two yappy dogs, and its the same story: They work...BUT...
  • The thing goes off at EVERY loud sound, not just barking
  • The 9-volt battery wears out within a week

So we'd like some advice on a home-brew solution I thought of. Our dogs happen to despise the raspberry sound - the "Bronx Cheer" - the bilabial fricative - OK, the FART sound. One blast with your tongue and they are out the door. So here's what I thought of: A couple of wireless speakers and a wireless mic with a good range, say, 100'. Every time we hear our dogs barking we open the mic and blow a good fart noise. Can anyone recommend some hardware for this solution?

==JJS==

Oztronix
Average Member

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  03:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While this only works to 50ft, its cheap.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_29481_29481?cm_ven=google_PPC&cm_cat=Dynamic Search Ads Test&cm_pla=generic&cm_ite=_inpage:Yard Carts&mkwid=sIuRpAzP6&pcrid=26187844751&mt=b

Oz
Go to Top of Page

jimspy

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  10:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Now why didn't I think of that? My father-in-law has one of those...and constantly embarrasses my mother-in-law with it in public!

==JJS==
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page