New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joepistritto
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2013 :  12:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I have a HAI Omni LTe panel installed (it replaced an older HAI Omni that fried) and I'm trying to get it to dial out via tone dial, but it doesn't seem to work. In fact, this is an issue even with the old unit so I had always thought maybe it was a problem with my old HAI unit.

What I figured out is that when the panel takes the phone line off hook, the phone company for some reason is detecting it as a pulse dial "1"... so the "hack" I did was to reconfigured to pulse dial and had it dialed the full 800-xxx-xxxx number without the "1" in the beginning.

This is less than ideal as pulse dial is slower than tone dial.

Also, my normal phones work fine (all connected via the RJ31X controlled by the panel) when I take them off hook -- I get a dial tone and can dial via tone dial.

So, anyone have any ideas what I should look at? Since this is a new panel and both this panel and the old one exhibit the same problem, I'm less inclined to think it's the panel that's the problem.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

Telcoman
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2015 :  06:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
old post but

Try this

http://www.vikingtelecomsolutions.com/catalog/model_K-1900-5.htm?sid=D870A09D5677F73E4C27F94B5574811A&pid=1209

Telcoman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page