Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spoteat
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  09:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I am looking to upgrade my existing doorbell system with the I/O Linc - INSTEON Doorbell and Telephone Ring Alert Kit and I'm stumped on how to install. The house is currently wired with the standard doorbell and transformer/bell. My question is do I replace the transformer with the Doorbell and Phone Ring Detector card or does it work in conjunction?

Lead the Charge!

BLH
Advanced Member

5599 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  09:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It works with the present transformer wiring.
All you do is remove one of the connections on the transformer and connect it to the one of the three individual detector boards. Then the other input of the detector board is connected to the transformer terminal the original wire was connected to.
Now if you have both a back and front bell. Using the common connection on the transformer will trigger with both a front or back bell ringing.
The + and - output of the board connects to the I/OLincs Sensor Input and Ground connections.

Edited by - BLH on 12/23/2013 09:57:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

spoteat
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  11:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I will be giving it a try this weekend. Is the wiring the same for the I/O Linc - INSTEON Remote Chime Alert Kit? What is the difference in the two? Which one would you recommend and why?

thanks

Lead the Charge!
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15600 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  11:26:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Remote Chime Alert Kit allows you to add a chime to your existing doorbell system. An advantage is being able to add a doorbell alert to an area where you can't hear the existing doorbell, for example a garage or basement.

The Doorbell and Telephone Ring Alert Kit can control one or more Insteon devices in response to the doorbell or telephone ringing, for example, a lamp.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page