New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bonner_1
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  04:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Camera is found and working fine on laptop, both LAN and WiFi work. Problem is on mobile phone. The camera is found but the live video won't load on my android app. The IP address and port numbers are matching. Am I missing something?

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10407 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  08:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may be an issue with the way the app handles passwords with special characters in them, or it could relate to a user vs. an administrator level access.

Have you updated to the latest app version in the Google Play store? Reset the camera's administrative password to just letters and numbers, then retest using the administrator level access, does that work?

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

bonner_1
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  10:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried that no luck. Is it suppose to be possible for me to just type in IP address and camera come up in browser?
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10407 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  11:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe so. Connect to the mobile device to the same wifi as the camera, don't use your cellular data connection, then type the IP address:port number, the same one you would use from the laptop. Log in using the administrative user name and password when prompted.

If you don't find the answers you need in these user-to-user forums, be sure to check in with Insteon's tech support: http://www.insteon.com/support

Go to Top of Page

bonner_1
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  7:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help. I think its just the app!! I can get it to work in my browser on the phone it just won't work in the app. Downloaded a 2nd party app and it works fine also
Go to Top of Page

mustangchris04
Average Member

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  8:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a connection issue, or does the camera connect successfully but it just plays a black video?
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10407 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  8:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long is the admin password? Any characters in it besides letters and numbers?

Go to Top of Page

fusionmeat
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2017 :  12:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I Recently picked these cameras up and am having the same issue as this post with the Insteon Android App; everything is setup with the app and I can view the 75790 camera and operate it fine via the web address but not with the android app. I have tried with the phone connected to the same wifi and mobile. There wasn't any video during setup but everything else with setup functioned fine. I have another Insteon camerea, HD version, setup and its works fine. Hoping someone has some ideas, thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page