security measures for home-office
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy Skittles

Philippines
26 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2016 :  6:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our house is like a home-office since we also run a small family business. We want to add a CCTV camera in front of gate of our house and at the main door of the office. Can you suggest a good brand which is not so expensive?

Another one, maybe some of you are familiar with web application to prevent your site from being hacked and can also detect malicious URLs. Is there any reliable online tool that we can download? Thank you and looking forward to read your responses :-)

Fluffy Skittles

Edited by - Fluffy Skittles on 08/20/2016 6:44:15 PM

stusviews

USA
15603 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2016 :  7:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Expensive is relative. Do you mean less than a couple of hundred dollars or a low two digit price tag?

I use Lorex for wireless CCTV and both Foscam and Swann wired cameras. I also have a Swann 9-channel DVR.

Most operating systems have a reasonably effective firewall. If you need professional protection, be prepared to to spend a thousand dollars or more.

Avast is free and has been good about giving me warnings if I browse to suspected sites.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page

coolfinancer

Philippines
30 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2016 :  10:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stusviews

Expensive is relative. Do you mean less than a couple of hundred dollars or a low two digit price tag?

I use Lorex for wireless CCTV and both Foscam and Swann wired cameras. I also have a Swann 9-channel DVR.

Most operating systems have a reasonably effective firewall. If you need professional protection, be prepared to to spend a thousand dollars or more.

Avast is free and has been good about giving me warnings if I browse to suspected sites.

Try to check about a web application security scanner software. It has a program that helps detects vulnerabilities that leads to possible data threats.

coolfinancer
Go to Top of Page

Lopez
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  11:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband works from home and he has set-up a home office to work at. We have installed a $ channel DVR CCTV camera system from http://cspalarms.ca/ at our home. This covers the room, the doorway, the front-yard and the area in front of the gate. They come with a 2 year warranty and the cost is pretty reasonable. They also provide 8 channel and 16 channel packages in case you are interested.
Are you using a wordpress site? if yes, then here are few plugins that can secure your website http://www.instantshift.com/2016/09/09/wordpress-plugins-detect-malicious-code/

Well, if you don't have the time to do it right,
what makes you think you'll have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

Kathy100
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2016 :  10:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Kathy100 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great tips.. Thanks for sharing..
Go to Top of Page

homevisionsolutions
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  02:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit homevisionsolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thee are many brand Like control4, pelco etc.but i believe these are the best brand to secure your house

HomeVision Solutions provides a lifestyle experience for your home.
Go to Top of Page

LoneDadSurvivor
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2017 :  06:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might also want to check on Arlo pro with motion detection and 2way communication. It's great for a security system coz it's loaded with useful features but is a little too costly which is one thing that most people don't like about it. This should be help. https://smartrobotichome.com/smart-security-camera-comparison/#arlo_pro

Edited by - LoneDadSurvivor on 10/10/2017 11:33:16 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page