PC Interface or Not?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gjtoth
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2016 :  06:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit gjtoth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First post so bear with me. :)

I just picked up an Amazon Echo and a BUNCH of outlets, switches, etc. Everything is up and running GREAT via my Android mobile device. I used to have the X10 system controlling everything with the CM17A via ActiveHomeVista. Most things worked well. Now, I'm wondering a couple of things:

* If I shut off my Android device, will my schedules still run?
* Better to run off my PC?

<><~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gary

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10432 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2016 :  07:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, everything will still operate if you turn off or take your phone/tablet on vacation. Scenes are saved to link tables built into individual devices, so switches and modules will continue to operate as programmed, and the real time clock and schedules will continue to run on the Hub interface regardless of whether your phone/tablet is around or connected.

No PC necessary.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

gjtoth
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  07:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit gjtoth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tfitzpatri8

Yes, everything will still operate if you turn off or take your phone/tablet on vacation. Scenes are saved to link tables built into individual devices, so switches and modules will continue to operate as programmed, and the real time clock and schedules will continue to run on the Hub interface regardless of whether your phone/tablet is around or connected.

No PC necessary.

EXCELLENT! This is turning out better than anticipated. :)

<><~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page