New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Royague
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2016 :  02:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Can you guys please give me some suggestions that will fit my requirements? I will be needing around 3-4 cameras (1 or 2 inside and 1 or 2 outside). But I am confused which cameras will fit my requirements. please share your opinions.

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2016 :  10:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can use interior cameras inside only, but exterior cameras can be installed either indoors or outdoors. But, what are you requirements?

IP or CCTV? Wired or wireless? Night vision? If so, how far?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

Tonia Bond
Starting Member

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2016 :  8:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you used dome camera?? Dome cameras can be flushed with the walls, so anyone can see the e camera. So chances of theft or intrusion can be reduced. Along with this, dome cameras have many advantages (http://www.calgaryalarm.com/blog/home-safety/advantages-of-using-dome-cameras-at-home/), so if you clearly say what are your requirements, it will be easy for us to help you Royague.
Go to Top of Page

dwayne
Starting Member

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  11:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very informative tips..thank you..
Go to Top of Page

SecureGuard
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  9:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit SecureGuard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Royague

Hello,
Can you guys please give me some suggestions that will fit my requirements? I will be needing around 3-4 cameras (1 or 2 inside and 1 or 2 outside). But I am confused which cameras will fit my requirements. please share your opinions.

Hi,

As you have not specified which type cameras you need like wired or wireless but I was reading one article, you can check if you can find the cameras according to your requirements.

Please have a look on below link:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2475954,00.asp

Hope you will find the right suited for you.

All the best.. :)

Ahmad Hamidi

https://www.secureguardservices.com/
Go to Top of Page

Christel17
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  08:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work with Verisure, Europes no1 Smart alarms for both homes and business.

If your still interested I offer free demonstrations to be provided to you.

SEE LINK BELOW WHICH SHOWS JUST HOW GOOD WE ARE!
https://youtu.be/DV-UUrra214
Go to Top of Page

JRKevin
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  1:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you want wireless or wired? Also, how many MP do you want? I use to built my own cameras for my house through icaremore and they have the service to help me with the suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

homevisionsolutions
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  10:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit homevisionsolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Indoor and outdoor cameras are both useful, you should checkout cameras which have good storage facility and WiFi connections.

HomeVision Solutions provides a lifestyle experience for your home.
Go to Top of Page

Katy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  5:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem and I found this site which helped me a lot http://yourhomesecuritywatch.com/
It has reviews of popular indoor and outdoor security cameras so you can check it out
Go to Top of Page

AlexDTV
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  2:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit AlexDTV's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm av installer. We are at DTV-Installations try to offer a wide range of av, smart home and CCTV cameras products to our customers. So they can choose the best fit for their budget. But if the quality is a decision making factor we recommend to go with Hikvision brand. I think it will be good option for your project here.
quote:

Hello,

Edited by - AlexDTV on 03/20/2017 2:27:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

GustavoWoltmann
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  12:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all I want to say that having security camera is must in these days. According to a report two million break-ins happening annually. It shows that how important it is to have a security camera. I am using NestCam but there are several options. It will be better for you to look at this article to get complete comparison among different security cameras.https://www.homesecuritylist.com/best-home-security-cameras/
Go to Top of Page

siddarthsharma
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  04:03:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When thieves are growing smart and using hi-tech items to break-in your home, itís time to upgrade your home security. You should consider installing a smart home surveillance system at sensitive areas to ensure optimal security, even when you are away. Letís discuss some of the potential areas where a wireless security system can help ensure safety:
1.Living room
2.Kitchen
3.Store Room
4.Garage
5.Outdoor

Undertaking such an analysis in the beginning is better to plan out and choose the best security system for your needs. Choosing the right solution provider is the next important step in planning home security for years.Planning for Home Security? Get a Solution for Years http://gizmosmart.com/blog/planning-for-home-security-get-a-solution-for-years/

Edited by - siddarthsharma on 04/24/2017 04:04:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

greggutchinson
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  12:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will need security cameras with great video quality and high-resistance to bad weather if youíre going to place them outdoors. But then again, these are only basic features Iím suggesting. Since you havenít specified exactly what your requirements are, I suggest you check this site https://vwsip.co.uk/security-systems-scotland/ and this article from TechPreVue, they are my go-to sites when trying to understand different CCTVs as they basically explain everything. Hope this helps!

Go to Top of Page

arpanshah1990
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  09:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can get any of this

https://www.indabaa.com/best-outdoor-security-camera-for-alexa/

https://www.indabaa.com/best-alexa-compatible-indoor-security-camera/
Go to Top of Page

AdeliaZhang
Starting Member

China
9 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2017 :  10:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Security cams work well to make sure our home, especially when we can't always be present. No need to confuse here Titathink Technology will help you to choose a suitable camera for your home.

Adelia Zhang
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2017 :  10:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Methinks that you are a businessman attempting to increase the sales of a company that you are associated with.

Nothing wrong with that except the honesty of your posting.

Royague, you are getting lot's of responses, but you haven't specified your requirements, only that you have some.

Until then, expect nothing but advertisers

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

n2ocharged
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2018 :  11:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I recently received my first setup for home automation and I love it so far... I found this website and started looking through it when I came across this post and decided to register to give my $0.02

I've owned a couple of different security systems in the last 4 years or so. I've never liked wireless systems because the signal can be degraded depending on the length of signal run and obstacles it must penetrate. CCTV systems (DVRs) are getting to the point of being decent systems that record in 1080p but I don't like them too much because the cables are a set length unless you can crimp the wire yourself. Network Video Recorders (NVRs) that provide Power over Ethernet (PoE) I prefer much better than DVRs because they run cameras from a single CAT5e cable that, if you have the tools and know how to crimp, you can create a custom length cable (Yes, I know you can do that with DVR cables as well but you have to run power as well which means more parts) that will fit your system without having a ton of extra cable at either end or someplace in the middle.

I know there are a couple of security companies out there (Lorex, Night Owl, etc...) and my experience is, as it has always been said, you get what you pay for.

Night Owl:
The Good - My first security camera system was a Night Owl system and it worked for the intended purpose. The camera system aided law enforcement personnel in a neighborhood break-in that affected more than 100 people whose vehicles were broken into. I had an NVR10 system from Night Owl (no longer produced) that had pretty clear picture (1080p) and it recorded for a solid week (24x7 recording) before overwriting the oldest files. The interface was easy to use and to pull video files from if needed etc... I've also worked with Night Owl DVR systems and I do not like their pre-made cable lengths because they were either 1-2ft too short or 15ft too long and I ended up with a coil of wire at the end. Picture quality was pretty good but the interface was different than the NVR system and I didn't like it. Night Owl NVR systems are very easy to use.
The Bad - Night Owl only offers a 1 year warranty for their camera systems and only have replacement cameras for their DVR cameras leaving a customer to fight the company for a replacement NVR camera if it dies out of warranty or purchase an entirely new system ($1200 - $2200). Their "tech support" will ask you for your IP address and router login information to make sure your cameras are setup correctly, I highly recommend you NEVER give out this information to anyone, even if they are trying to "help". I've also found their "tech support" to not know as much as they should. This is the main reason I moved away from the Night Owl System. I asked for a little support with a camera I was having a problem with and they couldn't figure it out, nor were they listening to me when I stated which system I had and they were troubleshooting the wrong system. I ended up figuring it out myself and their support department asked me for the fix, not a top level company in my opinion. The Night Owl NVR systems cannot be expanded beyond the system you purchase (4ch, 8ch, etc...)

Lorex:
I have not personally owned a Lorex system, but when I contacted them for a pre-purchase Q&A session, they couldn't answer 90% of the questions I was asking and had to keep going to their tech department, so I didn't purchase from them.

Nelly's Security
I ended up purchasing my current system from a company called "Nelly's Security" because they answered every question I had while I was on the phone. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I would recommend this company to anyone. I ended up purchasing the NVR system with 4k cameras (3840x2160p resolution). They offer a 3 year warranty and lifetime support for their systems and the systems are completely customizable. The network cameras can be a "stand alone" system with a Micro SD card or connected to your home network (the cameras so not need an NVR and can support a 128gb MicroSD card), you will still need to connect them to your network for setup.
The only downside I've found to this company is their hours, 9-5 Monday - Friday. If you need warranty work or troubleshooting on the weekend, they are not available. The warranty program is a little slower than I would like because they send a shipping label to you for ground shipping to their facility and it took almost 2 weeks to receive a replacement camera when I needed warranty work. However, I understand they ship ground to save money, they ship priority back to you.

Netgear Arlo system:
I've seen these systems in use and a family member of mine owns one and I like the quality of them as well as they record sound to the netgear system to be retrieved later. They record to Netgears servers for 7 days but, from what I've seen, only record motion and not all of it so you may miss something on the recordings. These systems are about the same price of some other systems.

All-in-All, purchase from a company that can answer all of your questions before you purchase and makes you feel comfortable about purchasing from them. Make sure they know what they are talking about and they are able to assist you if you need it. Each person's need is different and each person should do research into their actual needs. After figuring out your needs, contact each company you are considering to gauge their responses to the questions. If they seem "questionable", move to the next company.

Some things to consider...
Do you need 24x7 or motion detection recording?
How long do you want to record?
What quality do you want to record in? (720, 1080, 4k etc...)
What is the warranty length and warranty replacement process.
Are you running a business and want to save to a server someplace?
How many cameras do you actually need? Do you have plans for future expansion?

All of these questions you should answer yourself before contacting your chosen security companies.

I'm not promoting any one company as I am not being paid to give my opinion, only sharing my experience.

I hope this helps.

Edited by - n2ocharged on 01/06/2018 12:05:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  06:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Alex , since you are an installer I wanted to ask you what brands of cams, hubs & utility automation systems you would reccomend to someone (me) , who is looking to start their own business installing home & small businesses with small to medium sized setups. l would want brands you have found to be most reliable m not c 1 dropping connection & software that is easy & intuitive to use , providing access to the entire automationsetup all in one spot , can support multiple users simultaneously and (want to be able to offer a budget solution & a higher end solution , while retaining as much reliability as possible, with very little maintenance and/or troubleshooting required over time. l very much appreciate whatever advice you may have. NOTE, l am not a novice, 1 am very experienced with networking & other tech related skills, & will learn any cod ing or other needed knowledge bases within the field. Also, what kinds of routers/brands & access point/ network extenders would you use if you were able to setup the networking as well ? l know this is a lot , l appreciate any help and advice you may have. Thanks man.
quote:
Originally posted by AlexDTV

Hi, I'm av installer. We are at DTV-Installations try to offer a wide range of av, smart home and CCTV cameras products to our customers. So they can choose the best fit for their budget. But if the quality is a decision making factor we recommend to go with Hikvision brand. I think it will be good option for your project here.
quote:

Hello,

Go to Top of Page

jamescobb
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2018 :  7:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit jamescobb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For your home security camera needs, I suggest that you determine first which areas that you would like to cover whether it is indoor or outdoor cameras?

For instance, that you decided on outdoor specific camera, you should consider the durability to withstand harsh weather conditions. Determine how convenient it is to install whether wired or wireless. Check the vision range to know how much coverage it can take. Consider also capabilities to work in daytime or night-time vision. The resolution of your security camera is key factor to capture the highest video or photo quality.

About storage, you should consider that your camera is able to store videos in robust, encrypted and reliable hard-disk with enough storage capacity for longer video recordings.

A good camera will be those capable of remote or manual control such as pan, tilt or zoom via your control centre. Or even better if it is Wireless and can be accessed through your mobile smartphone through internet connection.

For placements, create a layout plan to determine strategic locations where you get the best angles of your whole perimeter.

Hope these tips can help you decide for your choice of home security cameras.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

alex_mercer
Starting Member

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  10:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Royague,

It would be helpful for you if you had provided a description of your interiors- the number of rooms, area, leftover space, furniture arrangements etc.

But for your case, I can recommend a home alarm system that comes along with security cameras. The advantage of having a security system rather than a bunch of cameras is that it alerts the monitoring station of your locality, for example, I live in Toronto and if a burglar happens to break into my place, the local cops would be at my door in a few moments. (I hope).

Regards,
Alex
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page