Telecom Expense Management
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knuckleheadreflect
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  6:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are the advantages of Telecom Expense Management software? Does eliminating paper invoices a smart choice? We need to document all transactions, right? It seems that going paperless seems to be the “in” thing now.

stusviews

USA
15603 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  7:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Going paperless does not mean no documentation, only the media is different. You can store tens of thousands of documents on a hard disk or a flash drive.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2316 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  3:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't care what any of the companies have to say about going *Paperless*. I always refuse to go electronic and insist upon receiving a paper invoice / bill.

There has been too many times I needed a invoice / bill and (IF) it was on line somewhere in a random server it would have either not been there or taken too long to get portal access to said document. Keeping in mind every company only stores user data for so long.

Meaning if you expect to see a bill from 1986, 1996, 2006, more than likely it won't be there. Most companies also must comply with privacy / security laws outlined by the various States / Provinces. Which typically mandate user data only be retained for XX years. The most I have seen with regards to private user data is seven years.

Most companies are trying to balance between storage data costs and privacy compliance.

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro
Go to Top of Page

spicypeaches
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  01:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Send spicypeaches an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Telecom Expense Management software is a proven and efficient way to identify these overspending patterns, reduce waste, and create short-and long-term savings.
Go to Top of Page

knuckleheadreflect
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  6:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input. My friend is considering using EDI invoices in her company. Where I work almost everything is everything is electronic so I told her to go for it.
Go to Top of Page

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2016 :  07:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep all my documentation as PDF files. If I get a paper document I scan it, then shred it. It saves a lot of space and, more important, using Copernic, all these files are searchable and indexed. To put my hands on the information I need is just a matter of seconds.
However, being an engineer, I don't trust electronic media too much, so I keep three backups not connected to the computer and located at different places. Should I be hit by a ransomware I can restore everything in a matter of minutes. It is also important to refresh back-ups regularly. I do it every 2 years. Some CDs, DVDs and hard drives I have are not readable after about 10+ years if not refreshed (CDs & DVDs need to be burned new).

GJN
Go to Top of Page

bruce10
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  9:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit bruce10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reduction of unnecessary costs, improvement of inefficient processes, optimization of telecom spending.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page