New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolfegang
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  12:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I'm new here, and I'm kinda/sorta going a little berserk. My brother recently relocated to another city. He had this fancy/shmanzy security system and anyways, he's going to get a new one where he's at now, totally different and so forth. He gave me these two cameras (which I think are quite nice). Here's my dilemma. I am not a 'geek' per se- as I've read here from some of y'all (very knowledgeable) but I'm also, I believe, far from a novice. Okay, (I've introduced myself now lol) I have two ADC-V520IR cameras. On the front they say "Vivint" on the back they say "Alarm.com" and still, on further research-they are made (manufactured) by VIVOTEK. Okay, what I simply want to do,(I cannot afford nor plan to get any contract and all this fancy 2GIG or TS1 etc), I just simply would like to connect one above my driveway and one above the entrance door to my house...and then...simply connect them to one of my computers and that's it. I have a home pc running Windows 7, I can install Windows 10, if you suggest, or even a version of Linux. As I stated, all I want is to connect them (physically or wirelessly-as in-Ethernet or IP/IR) to one of my computers, and download a nifty program that makes them monitor and record to my hard drive and that is all. I've been following your site quite a bit and have noticed a lot of links, and apps and so forth. Okay, I've downloaded a ton of programs (and removed some) like Digital Watchdog, Advanced Port Scanner Install Wizard2, iSpy, ContaCam, WebCamXP and a bunch of Vivotek software. So far, I got the Watchdog and the Advanced Port Scanner to recognize/locate it. I got the IP address and ports, but the furthest I've gotten is, I go to the IP address and it asks me for a user name and password. I've tried resetting the camera and tried 'rood' as user and MAC address as pw to no avail. Also, the APS shows the IP address as located in a "Linux Operating System". Alright, I know I've talked a lot, I hope someone out there can help me here, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Wolfegang
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  12:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, meant to type "Root" instead of ''rood'' used as username. And, about the IP showing up in a 'Linux" OS, I'm running windows 7 ultimate right now. thanks :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page