Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 I have (ONLY) a Vivint ADC-V520IR camera what now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eurojourney
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  06:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am a property manager and a former tenant left behind a Vivint ADC-V520IR in one of the units I manage. I was wondering if it is possible to install this camera as a stand-alone camera and get access by installing a software in my laptop or an app in my iPhone. I suppose I may have to (re)install an updated firmware on the camera too. What is the procedure to get this done (if at all possible) and what do I need.

Thank you!

J.

- JMM

oberkc
Advanced Member

USA
3598 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  11:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have access to a wifi network at the property?

If this were mine, I would:

-download the manual for the camera and follow the instructions to add it to the wifi network
-establish external port forwarding for camera on router
-download an app/software for your laptop/iPhone (I use IPWebcam). The the app, add the camera data (Brand, model, IP address, login credentials).
-view the video on the phone/laptop

Of course, all this is easy to say. It can be pretty daunting if networks and routers are unfamiliar, with a steep learning curve from my experience. I have found it helpful to establish a fixed IP address so that my camera viewing still worked when my ISP changes addresses, but that is all there is to it at the highest level.

Based on a quick lookup of the camera, it appears that this is potentially part of an alarm.com installation. Perhaps they have some additional tools to make installation and configuration a bit easier.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page