New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smokegrub
Average Member

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  10:23:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I purchased this camera about 2 months ago. The first was DOA. The replacement has been problematic since installation. I have rated it a 1 and would have rated it a 0 had I had that option. Instructions for other than its basic its basic setup are almost nonexistent leaving one to trial and error for many camera features. The most glaring problem (pun intended) occurs when sunlight may shine into a window and motion sensing and email notification are activated. A single notification is both expected and acceptable, however, the camera seems to go into a spasm with the IR flashing rapidly, With each flash I get an email. A camera reboot temporarily resolves the issue but leaves a considerable email mess. OK, I thought, I will create a camera preset, positioning the camera to minimize or eliminate the problem. First couple of times, the preset functioned. Now, the preset fails to reposition the camera properly at startup. I have tried deleting the preset and replacing it. Software won't allow it. I tried manually repositioning the camera using the IP Camera Tool and resaving the preset, no soap. I might be missing some nuance(s) in the software but that, in and of itself, is a problem. I could go on and on but suffice it to say this should serve as a warning to carefully assess your camera choices.

stusviews

USA
15711 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  12:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In addition to setting a preset position, you need to click on PTZ, Start-Up Options and select Go To Preset Position.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page

smokegrub
Average Member

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  1:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stu: I did that. My problem is that it will not allow me to delete the preset. Also, I just found that audio still works only one direction with the IP Camera Tool and my Mac, i.e., no audio through the camera's speaker.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15711 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  1:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Once you create the first preset, it cannot be removed except with a reset. Subsequent presets after the first can be removed.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page

smokegrub
Average Member

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2017 :  05:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Stu.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly