New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Conaso
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  09:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally gave up. Using Insteon IP Camera viewer, everything ran fine for several years, i.e., controlling camera, viewing, recording, etc., with an Insteon/Foscam 75790. Then, after Windows 10 install, cannot manually or motion-detected record - get a "Set Record Path Failed." I doubled checked the IE Internet Options, and the camera's IP address was still a trusted network. Set up the app to "Run as Administrator" and Windows 7/8 Compatibility - didn't work. Searched on Internet, no one else seems to have a similar problem with Windows 10.

oberkc
Advanced Member

USA
3598 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  10:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use an app called "IP Cam Viewer" (pro version). I have not heard of "Insteon IP Camera viewer". Is this the software you are running on your windows machine to view camera imagery?

I am taking an educated guess here, but it sounds as if the network location you have chosen to record your imagery has been corrupted, possibly as a result of the migration to Windows 10. Can you locate the settings where it defines the location where recordings are stored?
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15711 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  12:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I migrated to Windows 10. All of my Insteon cameras work as intended, both SD and HD. Look somewhere else on your installation, it's not the OS.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page