New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rsiller
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  09:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My ISY 994i does not receive X10 signals from X10 motion Sensor or plugged in X10 controllers. When attempting to verify signal received by the ISY through the ISY event viewer no signal is being is reported. I can verify that both motion sensor and controller function properly. According to ISY customer service the problem may be with the PLM ( all Insteon functions work properly with the ISY) In reviewing the specifications for the Insteon PLM, I can find no documentation for X10 support. Can anyone verify that the Insteon pLM currently being shipped by Smarthome supports X10?

stusviews

USA
15603 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  1:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All Insteon PLMs can receive and transmit X10 powerline signals. The X10 motion sensor is RF only. What are you using for an X10 RF receiver?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page

Rsiller
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  10:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your response - I am using an Activehome CM15A controller as the receiver.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5603 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  03:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The CM15A has a X10 RF receiver and transmitter in it.

In the Active Home Pro program for the CM15A.
Make sure in the Tools Tab. Hardware Configuration. The House Codes you are using are set to be Transceived. For some reason sometimes the Auto choice doesn't always find your House Code. Use Specific. I picked all sixteen House Codes but you can pick just the ones you are using.
If the House Code is not set to be transceived it will not be sent back on the power lines for the ISY994i to receive.

The AHP software does not have to be running after you set the tranceived House Codes. The choices are stored in the CM15A.

X10 power line signals are subject to power line problems. If the CM15A or your plug in controllers are in a different part of the house. The X10 power line signals may not be getting to the ISY994i's PLM.

Can you try one of your plug in controllers on the same outlet as the PLM. To see if it can be detected there.

Edited by - BLH on 03/08/2017 03:59:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

oberkc
Advanced Member

USA
3589 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  03:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have an X10 phase coupler?

I agree with BLH suggestion to temporarily put in controller on same outlet as PLM to see if this helps.

What other device and gadgets do you have plugged into the same outlet and circuit as the PLM?
Go to Top of Page

Rsiller
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I moved the PLM to a different outlet and now it responses to X10 signals.
Go to Top of Page

oberkc
Advanced Member

USA
3589 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  7:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rsiller

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I moved the PLM to a different outlet and now it responses to X10 signals.

Which suggest to me that, at least, your devices are all working.

So, at the original location, what is going on? Noise? Different leg of your electrical system? Out of range? Have you figured it out?
Go to Top of Page

Rsiller
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  8:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PLM was sharing an outlet next to a Smartlinc filter- I am assume that even though the PLM was not in the same plug, the smartlinc filter absorbed the X10 signal. I did not have an problem with Insteon signals, and was surprised it only effected X10. It probably did not interfere with the Insteon signal transmission because of the RF signal capability.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5603 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  03:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smartlinc filter?
Are you talking about a 1626 5 amp or 1626-10 10 amp FilterLinc?

It should not absorb X10 or Insteon power line signals. Unless the PLM was plugged into the bottom filtered outlet or it is defective.

I have my 2413S PLM in the front unfiltered outlet of a 1626-10 Filterlinc and my APC UPS in the filtered outlet. I have no problems with the PLM when sending an X10 or Insteon power line command.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page