strategies to reduce energy consumption
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

wickrush
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2017 :  12:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sustainability, climate change, energy and energy efficiency, green consumption and urban sustainable development are globally recognized challenges for the 21st century. what are your solutions and strategies to help reduce energy consumption and contribute the change towards a more sustainable world?

lisawurtzbach
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  9:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit lisawurtzbach's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are so many ways to reduce energy consumption at home. A simple unplugging of your electric appliances when not in used can do a lot of wonders therefore reducing your energy consumption. You can also entertain the idea of setting up solar panels if you have a budget, by doing that you're also helping the environment and at the same time reducing your trickle consumption.
Go to Top of Page

AAShah
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2017 :  03:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
summers are on their way! so if you want to save energy with your ductless usage i suggest you switch to Breez Smart thermostat, i use it at home and it has helped me save quite alot. I can schedule according to my usage similarly i can keep an eye on my consumption patterns and stop extra usage of it all these are available on the app where the device works with. check it at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breez-Smart-Thermostat-for-Ductless-Air-Conditioners-and-Heat-Pumps-/252865309980?hash=item3adff26d1c:g:ga0AAOSwls5Y71YO
Go to Top of Page

coolfinancer

Philippines
30 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2017 :  02:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just in time, our community engage in energy management plan which consist of waste reduction, use of energy efficiency portfolios and others. This is a community effort which is being supported by our local government who funded the project after thorough study and research.

https://www.ecova.com/press-release/ecova-tendril-selected-deliver-integrated-cost-effective-energy-efficiency-portfolio-one-million-residential-customers/

coolfinancer
Go to Top of Page

solarfornia
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  5:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit solarfornia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree that solar panels are awesome, Lisa. But typically people that get them use more, not less energy. Nevertheless, they do help the environment and reduce stress on electrical grids.

http://solarfornia.com
Go to Top of Page

affordablewindowsofaz12
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  02:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit affordablewindowsofaz12's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best ways you can do is energy efficient windows, which can save a lot of energy and also an easy method to do so.
Go to Top of Page

kcmoelectrician
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2017 :  07:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit kcmoelectrician's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with the above post, energy efficient window are key, they can save you a lot of money in the long run.
check out Elite roofing in Kansas city they do a great job
www.eliteroofingkc.com

Kansas city Electrician
6304 NW Barry RD UNIT 901376A
Kansas city, MO 64154
(816) 579-0187
www.electriciankcmo.com

Edited by - kcmoelectrician on 10/06/2017 07:50:15 AM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly