New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lopez
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  10:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to upgrade my DVACS fire monitoring system. The two options that I have in front of me are the active and passive fire alarm systems. I am sure almost everyone here knows the difference between the two, but if anyone doesn't, active system supervises every 180 seconds.While passive devise checks our SRC once daily.
I am more inclined towards active fire alarm security systems as they are more reliable. Also DVACS systems can be upgraded to active pretty easily.
But I would like to get suggestions before upgrading. Is there anything that I am missing, something vital? If yes, please let me know. Also let me know your opinions about both active and passive systems. Thanks!

Well, if you don't have the time to do it right,
what makes you think you'll have the time to do it over?

Edited by - Lopez on 04/28/2017 10:11:04 PM

MichaelMPerez
Starting Member

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  03:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Send MichaelMPerez an AOL message  Reply with Quote
With new technology available and rising costs of DVACS one has every reason to upgrade them. In fact, DVACS has been phased out. Another reason to move away from DVACS is the lack of spare parts, service issue and ULC certificate. More than sounding the alarm, the system has to interface with other fire protection systems in the building. Will you use an in-house security force or a contracted monitoring company? Analyze if numerous false alarms have plagued your system. In addition to notifying occupants and the fire department, does it have other fire protection systems like the fire watch (something I would prefer for companies especially)? How would you notify the fire department? These answers would impact the upgrades you will make to your fire alarm system. Get valuable suggestions from a security professional. Know well the goals and codes to better understand what your fire alarm system upgrade will entail.

Edited by - MichaelMPerez on 05/22/2017 8:36:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

homevisionsolutions
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2017 :  8:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit homevisionsolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes I also believe Active system is more secure than Passive. So, go for Active

HomeVision Solutions provides a lifestyle experience for your home.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page