New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rolinger
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  05:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just installed the GetSafe DIY home security system. It all works but I gotta say the App management interface is quite generic. I was expecting more options - ability to set zones (like a secondary garage), manage via computer (vs only the app), integrate it into my home network (it does connect to home internet, but ONLY to send out bound alerts - uses ATT wireless as backup)...

However, when researching the GetSafe system I found that GetSafe uses EZVIZ cameras - cameras I can get for like 40% lower off of Amazon. Which makes me wonder what other components will work with GetSafe - sirens, motion detectors, glass break etc? I have been looking but have not been able to find the exact matches like I was able to with the EZVIZ cameras.

Honeywell and Bosch motion detectors: $20. GetSafe motion detector: $47. Comparatively, GetSafe devices are pretty expensive across the board.

I already spent like $350 with them...I would rather not spend another $300 when I can get generics (or even the same models) for half the cost off of Amazon or elsewhere.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page