Smarthome software
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djkraven
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  12:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am searching for the smarthome.msi installer software to use with the Powerline Controller 1132CU. The original software was lost and Smarthome no longer has it available for download. I need to install again on a new machine. I understand there are compatibility issues with newer Windows release but I should be able to work through those if I can get the installer again.

Does anyone have the program or know where it might be available for download?

BLH
Advanced Member

5636 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  3:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you looking for the Smarthome Manager Essentials or the Smarthome Manager Plus for your 1132CU?
Go to Top of Page

djkraven
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  6:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smarthome Manager Essentials is the version showing in the about box of system it is working on. What is the difference between the two?

Edited by - djkraven on 06/06/2017 8:35:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5636 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  04:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Smarthome Manager Plus. Is the Essentials software with some added features.

If you are running Essentials. The manual indicates the Plus feature choices are Greyed out and can't be used.

I believe at one time you got the Essentials CD with the 1132CU and could buy the update to Plus.
Fuzzy memory here. I don't remember if there was a Plus CD in the box if you purchased the 1132CU with the Plus software as a package.

I also have the Essentials version with my 132CU.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5636 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  04:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have not seen the information on how to get the Smarthome Manager Essentials to install on later Windows versions.
There is a long thread here on the subject.

http://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=948
Go to Top of Page

djkraven
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  07:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen that thread. What I am looking for is the actual install program. I have lost the CD and Smarthome has removed the download link.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5636 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  09:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The CD that came in my 1132CU, 1132U, 1132B box's. Was Part # 1132CD 2004 Suite of Products. v2.96

Had an assortment of programs, manuals and even a current for its time master catalog.
Like trial versions of HCA. Indigo for Macintosh. Homeseer, Powerlinc Synapse to name a few.
Smarhome Manager Essentials was also on it but not in a .msi type file.
Was a whole subdirectory with a setup program. A whole bunch of .ini and .dil files.

I believe the .msi file was the one that you could download from the Smarthome Software web page before they where removed.

Edited by - BLH on 06/07/2017 10:10:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

djkraven
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  1:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great if the CD files were zipped or the .msi and available for download somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5636 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  03:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not seen any sites with it.

If memory serves me. The check for updates tab in the program installed from the CD found newer files. Downloaded from a Smarthome update server.

To confuse thing even more.
There was a 2814U Icon PLC module that use a similar named Smarthome Manager Essential Timer.
I have found dead links for both the Smarthome Essentials for the 1132CU/U and the Smarthome Essentials Timer for the 2814U

Edited by - BLH on 06/08/2017 03:10:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

djkraven
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  05:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BLH Could you email me
Go to Top of Page

djkraven
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  07:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your comments. I kept digging around my drives and found the Smarthome Manager.msi and ran it in compatibility mode and it installed. Next is to connect the PowerLinc and confirm it all works again on the new machine.

It would be great if they would keep the file available for download noted as unsupported.
Go to Top of Page

Jean Loyer

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  12:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem, i.e. the software disc which came with the 1132 controller (SmartHome Manager Plus, 2004 Suite of products, v2.96) is damaged and won't read.
I want to install that software on a new computer. Where can I find it, either the disc or a downloadable file? Again, what I need is the Plus version, not the Essential. I am aware of the legacy issues but maybe I can overcome them, with some help from you guys if need be.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Jean Loyer

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  4:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Additional info: the software is installed and running on another computer (Windows 7/home premium). I located 2 related files in that computer, i.e. C:\SMARTLNC and C:\Program files(x86)\SmartHome but I didn't find any .msi file anywhere. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Jean Loyer

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  09:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
djkraven,
I found the Smarthome .msi file on the Win 7 computer. Now have to find a way to install it on Win 10, which does not provide a visible installer, as Win 7 did in the C:\Windows|installer file. How did you install it? Was it on a Win 10 computer?
Thanks for any help.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Jean Loyer

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  10:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
djkraven,
Don't bother to reply to my previous posts.
As said earlier, I located the .msi file on the Win 7 computer, copied it to the Win 10 computer, right clicked on it there, clicked install; error message (OS not compatible), clicked on troubleshooting compatibility issues and the install completed successfully.
So, Smarthome is now on my Win 10 computer. Everything looks OK (diagrams, program lists, schedule lists, devices, events, etc...) but I haven't tried to communicate thru it with the PLC yet. As it might not work, I'll wait till I have to do it to change the schedule, as it might upset the apple-cart by downloading bad stuff to the PLC. May take a while.
If you have tried connecting with the PLC, let me know the result; as said above, I haven't tried that yet and it would be good to know if it worked for you.
Thanks to all for your help. Be glad to help anybody with the same problem if I can. Will report on the PLC connection when I attempt it.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Jean Loyer

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2017 :  3:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I just had free time now, I just tried to connect the new W10 computer to the 1132 PLC. Expected a struggle to make it work but it went without a hitch; I can do everything thru the GUI: actuating devices, changing schedules, writing new programs with bells and whistles, etc....
So my problem is solved.
To summarize what I did, if others want to try it:1) locate the old W7 computer Smarthome .msi file in C:\Windows\Installer (identified by its date of installation provided by the Smarthome icon "Properties"), confirmed by its own "Properties" as a Smarthome manager file (it has a 6 alphanumeric letters random file name) 2) copy that file to the Win 10 computer and click on it. It installs the program in C:\Program files (x86) as a Smarthome file, making the GUI available thru the icon it created, 3) connect the PLC to the computer and use the GUI commands.

Good luck to all and thanks to those who posted here and in the Smarthome software 2 thread, especially cnw1518 and Tuicemen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page