Insteon Camera won't connect to Wi-Fi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

telecannon

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  11:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received an Insteon HD camera (2864-222) last night. It is my first IP camera, and I have struggled with it. I finally got it to work, but only over a wired connection. The camera setup found my wireless network, but nothing happens when I click on the button to save the info. The camera setup status page shows no connection to wireless. My router shows a connection to the wired MAC address, but also does not show a connection to the camera's wireless MAC address. Any suggestions? I don't really want to run a cable to use the camera.

I have an ISY, not an Insteon Hub. After several attempts, I did get it setup to allow me to view it from the ISY, but, again, only with a wired connection to my router.

stusviews

USA
15711 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  4:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IMO, the ISY camera interface is what may be considered an enhancement that requires understanding the cameras API and the network module if you want do do anything "ISY" with it, for example, panning, tilting, etc. if motion is detected). If that's you, then I can't help.

But, if viewing is your main objective, still allowing for manual tilting and panning, then you'd be better served with a browser (not Firefox) or camera software (there's some free software available).

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page

telecannon

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  4:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stusviews

IMO, the ISY camera interface is what may be considered an enhancement that requires understanding the cameras API and the network module if you want do do anything "ISY" with it, for example, panning, tilting, etc. if motion is detected). If that's you, then I can't help.

But, if viewing is your main objective, still allowing for manual tilting and panning, then you'd be better served with a browser (not Firefox) or camera software (there's some free software available).

Thanks. At this point, I'm interested in simply viewing. I hope to get into the ISY and network module later, but I'm just trying to get the camera connected to my network so I can view it at all with the free stuff available online. So far, I've tried Chrome and IE to access the camera for setup, and I have the same problem setting up the wireless connection. I either don't have a save button on the screen where I enter the Wi-Fi settings or clicking the button does nothing.
Go to Top of Page

FalkTheHawk
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  3:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teleconnon: HERE ARE MY SETUP NOTES. SORRY BUT THIS MEMO FIELD DOESN'T ACCEPT IMAGES, SO ALL THESE DID NOT PASTE. GOOD LUCK!

Camera:

To Find out where camera is:
"C:\Program Files\IPCamSetup\IPCamera.exe"

Plug in Camera. Connect Cat5 to the office network

Logon onto Camera:
http://10.0.3.106
UID: admin
PWD: (leave blank)

Camera Setup
Input the following settings:

Change Pwd: [Whatever you prefer]

Set up Wireless Settings first. That way when you change the network settings and the router reboots, simply unplug the cat5 cable. That way you should be able to find it on the wireless network using the IP address and port specified below.

FiOS-Wireless pwd: [whatever your SSID pwd is]

Camera Logon:
uid: admin
pwd: [Whatever your prefer]

Set up cameras inside Fios Network (using its IP network). That way we can connect to them wirelessly. Also portforward on Fios router avoids the need to portforward twice. Each camera needs a unique IP address and PORT.

Exterior 1: 192.168.1.112:25112
Driveway
pwd: [Whatever you prefer]
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4

Exterior 2: 192.168.1.113:25113
Side Door
pwd: [Whatever you prefer]
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4

ETC.

MAIL SETTINGS:

SMTP Pwd: [Your outgoing mail pwd]
Submit before testing.

FTP Site: PWD: [Your FTP serve pwd]
DNS doesn't seem to work on FTP server name so use IP
Submit before testing

Exterior Camera FTP settings: FTP Server: ftp://[FTP Server IP]/[dir]/[subdir]

Not currently used

Patrol settings use default

Backup settings to your local drive in directory of choice

Fios Router:
Log onto your router from Chrome

setup SSID & pwd: http://192.168.1.1/#/setup
to configure (should redirect after logon automatically, but if not): http://192.168.1.1/#/main

Firewall / Yes / Port Forwarding (on left banner)

Specify IP:
e.g., 192.168.1.121
Custom Ports: TCP: 25121
Click Add
IMPORTANT then at bottom of screen click: Apply

Router External IP Address: http:// [your external IP address ]
(You can find this by typing in the browse: www.whatismyipaddress.com)
You should now be able to see the camera by typing the IP address of router & the port:
(For the above example)
http://[your external IP address (if you don't know it type WhatIsMyIPAddress.com in browser]:117

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page