New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnLorens
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2017 :  7:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would appreciate recommendations from fellow experienced members on expanding a basic home automation system. I started at my cousins home, adding GoControl & GE switches & outlets tied to his ADT Pulse system by Zwave with success. Then I installed the same brands of wall switches & outlets to my own Wink system controlling 3 lights. I would like to expand my home automation system by adding other lighting, drapes, and even a home security system to replace my 20 year old fire & tamper (home run) unit. Also wireless (Foscam) or wired system.
Should I stay with Wink as my hub. Works well for now. Or switch to a different hub that can sync with a Nest thermostat, Zwave switches/outlets, Champerlain door opener, and replace the alarm controller of my very old alarm (fire, tamper) system. Is there a service that I can contract to monitor my new alarm system and do away with the current one for me and ADT Pulse for my cousin.
Welcome your suggestions on proven hub that link with all sorts of devices. Thank you, John Lorens, new member and enthusiast (electrical project engineer).
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page