New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rocktaxteam
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2017 :  05:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I currently have the wired wall thermostat (2441TH) and I'm looking to add more control and monitoring for each level in my home. I have 3 of the remote control portable thermostats in my shopping cart right now (2441ZTH) - will this device solve the following goals:

1. Attic fan - I currently have an attic fan with an in-line box that requires manual settings for temp and humidity to trigger the unit to come on. If I cut the lines and run the insteon thermostat in there, will I be able to adjust the settings for temp and humidity that cause the attic fan to start?

1b. If 1a is true, will this setup also allow me to "override" the temp and humidity settings and manually turn the attic fan on whenever I want?

2a & 2b.Basement Dehumidifier. The questions are basically identical to the attic questions. The dehumidifier units I'm looking at have humidity triggers built in to the units - will connecting an Insteon thermostat allow me to adjust the humidity settings to trigger the dehumidifier to come on? and also allow a manual on or off whenever I want?

3. My currently installed Insteon wired wall thermostat is on the main level of my home. The second floor can be as high as 6-7 degrees warmer than the first floor. If I install this wifi unit (2441ZTH), and sync it to the wired wall unit (how?), will I be able to choose which thermostat settings are actually controlling the HVAC unit?

Many thanks for your assistance. I apologize if this has been answered before or if there is a FAQ or something. Please point me to where I can find the answers. Thanks again!

David

stusviews

USA
15603 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2017 :  09:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A maximum of two wireless thermostats can be used with the Insteon wired thermostat.

1 & 2. Are the fan and dehumidifier low voltage (24VAC) or line voltage (120VAC)?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page

rocktaxteam
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  09:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are line Voltage (120VAC).

Regarding the 2 wireless thermostats working with wired thermostat - my intention is to use the basement thermostat to control the dehumidifier manually and based on settings programmed into the thermostat itself and same for the attic one - they do not need to talk to the wired thermostat. Can these thermostats work independently of the main wired thermostat?

My intention is to only control the household HVAC system through the wired thermostat already installed and the wireless thermostat i plan to install on the second floor.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15603 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  10:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's no limit to the number of independent wireless thermostats you can use.

You'll need an Insteon device such as an On/Off SwitchLinc, Micro Module or In-lineLinc to control the fan and humidifier. You'll also need software or an ISY to control the humidifier based on humidity.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page