Single Board Computer (SBC) suggestion for interfa
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ailee
Starting Member

China
4 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2017 :  11:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit ailee's Homepage  Send ailee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am taking over a project where a Spartan 6 FPGA provides the interface between an ADC and a DDR2 memory chip. The FPGA http://www.kynix.com/Product/Cate/82.htmltakes 16-bit data out of the ADC and stores it into the RAM at a rate of 28MHz.

I have the option of making the DDR2 controller multi-ported so that a processor can access the DDR2 memory and begin analyzing it. Ideally I would like to find a COTS single board computer ( SBC ) for under $150 that has Direct Memory Access ( DMA ) available for an off board connection to the memory. The SBC would eventually run some type of Linux distribution so it would have to be more powerful than a standard micro controller.

This is kind of stepping out on a limb for me, since I have previously developed using PIC's or Xilinx Microblaze where I designed the entire board. I'd like to move up to running Ubuntu on an established board, which is why I took this project on.

Just hoping I can get some suggestions and let me know if there are any details I am not clear on or if I should be posting in a different forum. Thanks!

Edited by - ailee on 06/23/2017 11:20:26 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page