New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

appledude
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  1:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New to automation like this - simple thing bugging me - have a 3 outlet electric bar in my kitchen, with two dusk-dawn night lights on it - like the old fashioned bulb light output - but these lights are always on - wanted to find an adjustable photocell night lights so they would turn off during the day - or was looking at simple photocell plug-ins that would turn the 3 outlet bar or the individual night lights off during the day - could not tell on some of the belkin products if I can adjust the sensitivity of the photocells so they will actually work in a darker location - and not stay on all day. Thoughts? Seems like a simple problem, I find it weird you can not find adjustable photocell night lights on the market -

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  3:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just about any hardware store sells those for a few bucks.

GJN
Go to Top of Page

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  3:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry - I inadvertantly clicked "submit". As for the adjustability, some devices have a very simple "iris" to control the amount of light. Alternatively, you can just stick some filter, such as a grey plastic (from a bag) on the sensor. I used several layers from a grey bach used for electrostatic protection of electronic components. Or, if you know anything about electronics you can open the device and add a pot to modify the sensitivity.

GJN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page