Security for a Koi pond - predators at night
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ghstudio
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  11:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ghstudio an AOL message  Reply with Quote
we have a large koi pond...about 70' by 20' and there's something eating the Koi when we aren't around (late afternoon/night). We would like to set up two or three wireless security cameras with motion sensors and IR cameras that would help identify the critter so we know what we're dealing with. We have wireless coverage of the area, so we'd like to use wireless cameras. We don't want a system that requires a monthly subscription...we'll record on one of our PC's using ? software (part of my question).

What cameras should I be looking at. Lowest cost solution needed.

I've looked at trail cameras but they are expensive and none seem to be wifi.

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10407 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  11:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just about any wifi camera can email you a series of still photos in response to motion, no subscription required. Take a look at these: http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-outdoor-hd-camera-2-pack.html

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

LoneDadSurvivor
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  03:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ghstudio

we have a large koi pond...about 70' by 20' and there's something eating the Koi when we aren't around (late afternoon/night). We would like to set up two or three wireless security cameras with motion sensors and IR cameras that would help identify the critter so we know what we're dealing with. We have wireless coverage of the area, so we'd like to use wireless cameras. We don't want a system that requires a monthly subscription...we'll record on one of our PC's using ? software (part of my question).

What cameras should I be looking at. Lowest cost solution needed.

I've looked at trail cameras but they are expensive and none seem to be wifi.

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Maybe the arlo pro is a good choice. It's got good motion sensor and the speak and hear through the cam feature is amazing. This one might help. https://smartrobotichome.com/smart-security-camera-comparison/#arlo_pro They've got the cons detailed as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page