New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FalkTheHawk
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  4:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I set 5 Outdoor cameras 2864-232, 2 indoor 2864-222. These were configured via ethernet, and then set up for wifi. I was able to access all 7 cameras via wifi through static ip addresses I configured. Configured the router for portforwarding and was able to access all cameras external to my home network. So far, so good. Access to the cameras from the Insteon App/Hub was very hit or miss, but the browser method/ActiveX (IE) worked.

Not so anymore. Of the original 5 outdoor cameras, only three can be logged onto. The other two won't accept the password, even though all 7 cameras were configured with the same password. They get stuck on the circling dots wait icon. I can ping all 5 outdoor cameras. The two indoor cameras are not even pingable. No response, no nothing. The cameras are about 6 months old. Any suggestions. I have power-cycled all of them.

Should I cat-5e wire all these, is the problem with wireless or is it something inherent to the cameras. I don't want to reset the ones not responding since they are high on the house and I don't feel like climbing up on a ladder to dismount them. The indoor cameras appear dead. The red light is on at the back of each unit, however.

I feeling that the insteon product line is of poor quality.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page