Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cristian Decu
Starting Member

Romania
1 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  05:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

My name is Cristian, currently working as a software developer @ RCS-RDS Romania.

Recently my company, which is the largest ISP in the country, decided to offer Smart Home services to interested customers.

Our (or my mission) is to implement a vendor independent smart home solution (z-wave, zigbee). We recently acquired a multi rf smart home gateway (has z-wave, bluetooth, wifi 2.5 & 5.0, and zigbee support) and a couple of zigbee sensors.

Since i'm relatively new to this field, i'm having some questions to you guys.

The gateway is using the EM357 zigbee module which is embedded on its motherboard. It is connected to the rest of the system via SPI.

We received no documentation of the zigbee module or how to communicate with the zigbee sensors, there's only a couple of applications (no source however) used mostly for debugging that can handle the pairing and communication between EM357 and the rest of the zigbee devices.

The thing is that i need to write my own application that can communicate with these devices. Now, i'm a little clueless on this matter. Not sure whether the EM357 sends actual zigbee packets via the serial interface or the serial interface provides a simple API.

I also failed to find any zigbee stacks that i can integrate within openwrt, or any other resources whatsoever on this matter.

Where should i start?

Thank you!

Cristian Decu
Software Developer @ RCS&RDS S.A.
[email protected]

stusviews

USA
15603 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  3:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You may want to browse to: ZigBee Alliance.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page