Surveillance
 Orphaned 75790 cameras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimspy

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2017 :  2:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am finally getting around to installing 2 75790 IP cameras, bought them some time ago, and I understand Smarthome no longer supports them (but I LIKE them!). So I'm running the IP Tool, and I'm taken to what looks like a spiffy new entry screen, which asks for ID and password. I enter the defaults (admin and blank) and then I am taken to a change password screen. I enter a new User ID and password, but now nothing works, not the new one, nor the default one.

So I'm thinking, factory reset and start over. But how do I do a factory reset if I can't reach the camera menu? Is there a hardware reset?

==JJS==

Edited by - jimspy on 08/06/2017 3:04:54 PM

jimspy

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2017 :  3:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I found the reset button. I reset the camera, I heard the lady's voice say "reset succeeded." That should set the login credentials back to admin and blank, right?

So why do I get a "timeout" when I try to log in using those credentials (or any credentials, for that matter)?

==JJS==
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page