Dummy Wifi Light switches
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mojo
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  12:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This would seem to be regularly available but can't find them.

I have a lamp with an outlet and a smart bulb (TP-Link.) Let's assume I can get another lamp and either (1) another smart wifi bulb or (2) two smart outlets. So two lamps, both that currently get turned on by saying "Alexa, turn on the room lamps" or such.

But sometimes I don't want to use voice. I'd like to have a dummy switch that will turn on all the lights at once. Push the button and it turns on everything or off, whatever I program. My reason for this is that in some areas of the home I don't have a voice operated mechanism to make it easy, e.g how about bathrooms. I guess I could walk out and then tell my voice controlling device to turn off the light but i thought a switch would be good to have too. Thoughts?

Tuicemen

Canada
55 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  12:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tuicemen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can think of a couple of ideas the simplest (in the case of the bathroom) is forget the Wi-Fi bulb and add a -link Wi-Fi switch
https://www.amazon.ca/TP-LINK-HS200-Smart-Switch-Single/dp/B01EZV35QU/ref=sr_1_1/144-5733092-4074955?ie=UTF8&qid=1503949351&sr=8-1&keywords=wi+fi+light+switchtp
You really don't want a dummy switch, the switch needs to transmit something which needs to be converted to Wi-Fi so the bulbs can see the on/off commands.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page