New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomas Carroll
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2017 :  4:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking for a recommendation for Smart Shades.

I am going to be renting my home out as a Vacation Rental often and will need to be able to remotely control them when I am not home. I have a SmartThings Hub, Nest Thermostat and Android Phone. I would not be opposed to purchasing a Bridge that is designed for the Smart Shades if needed.

I will be living in the home for at least half of the year so would like to be able to set up Schedules for when they open and close. Then remotely disable/enable the Schedules from my phone so that the schedules would be disabled when the home is being rented and I could enable them while it is vacant while I am travelling so the plants in my home would receive light.

I am just starting to look into Smart Shades and would assume that all of them can be manually opened/closed often which my guests would of course need to be able to do.

stusviews

USA
15600 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2017 :  4:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If by smart shades you mean motorized, then none of them can be controlled manually, a remote or an app is required. Do you want professionally installed shades or will you install them yourself. Custon or "off the shelf."

In any case, they're quite costly. How many shades? What sizes? What's you budget? Z-Wave is popular, but Somfy RTS is very versatile.

All our window coverings are scheduled, we have both hand held and in-wall controllers. Most everything is controlled using an ISY.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum

Edited by - stusviews on 09/02/2017 4:57:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cannie
Starting Member

Ukraine
1 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  02:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cannie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, guys, I've the list of top smart home applications as a Simple Control One, Withings Home, Nest and seven more - https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/be-first-to-look-into-the-top-10-of-smart-home-apps-for-your-comfort]top 10 of smart home apps for your comfort
As example - Control 4 My Home. The peculiarity of this app lies in its remote control via 3G/4G or Wi-Fi network. Before using this app, you need to purchase a controller and Control4 automation system. Smart home controlling features include audio, video, lights, thermostats, IP cameras, security systems, air conditioners, heating systems etc.

Edited by - Cannie on 09/08/2017 02:13:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page