New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shdwlynx
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  1:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know which exact Foscam camera models were rebranded by Insteon? Based on looks and general specifications, I figured out the following:

Insteon Indoor SD 75790 (Black) and 75790WH (White) = Foscam FI8918W
Insteon Indoor HD 2864-222 (White) and 2864-226 (Black) = Foscam Foscam FI9816P[W] (V1, V2 or V3) or FI9818W (V1 or V2) or FI9815P
Insteon Outdoor SD 75791 = Foscam FI8904W or FI8905W
Insteon Outdoor HD 2864-232 = Foscam FI9803P (V1, V2, V3, V4)

Of course, it's possible that Insteon used varying models of Foscam as their inventory changed over time, but it would be great to know if they there is only one specific Foscam model rebranded as a specific Insteon model.

All that said, Foscam has had one consistent response to my inquiries: "Insteon's cameras are manufactured by another company." I got what I feel is a slightly more honest answer during a chat session with Foscam: "The hardware might look the same but the software is different." Amcrest, Sricam and others seem to have this design as well, so I have to conclude that one Chinese company makes them (such as our favorite Foxconn) and these guys just rebrand them and perhaps customize the software.

- John

shdwlynx
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2017 :  1:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, nobody has a response for that. Does anyone know if Smarthome actually offers their own SDK for these cameras? I have the Foscam SDKs and they seem to work for the most part, but if there's something more official from the people who claim to actually make the camera (SmartHome), that would be far better.

- John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page