Comelit HFX-700 replacement?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ur7x
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  7:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for some advice and options.

We just bought a new (to us) house that was built in the mid 90's
It had a door monitor system that over the years was replaced with a Comelit HFX-700 doorbell camera that was professionally installed.

This system is a disaster. It randomly rings when no one is at the door, and just as random, the system just turns itself off with no warning or notice; the doorbell button is still back lit like it is working.. And when you press it... nada. Reboot the thing and it is good for a day or two.

On Amazon these problems are well known and the advice there was to replace the factory 24VDC 0.8 Amp power supply with a 24VDC 2.5 Amp power supply. Tried that, the problems remain.

Two questions:
1) Is there anyway to get this system to actually work for more that a few days -OR-
2) Does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement system. I don't really need a door bell since the original intercom doorbell is also at the front door and works. I would like to replace the Comelit doorbell unit with just a door camera/monitor. The Comelit system has just a unshielded 20 gauge twisted pair wires and pulling any new wire to the front door will not be easy or an option.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page