NEW X10 PRODUCTS for iPHONE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

avion
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  5:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit avion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Avion Innovative announced that the AVION BTX10 Bluetooth X10 controller for iPhone will ship next month. The controller and App were designed from the ground up. To see the products and
features visit: avioninnvative.com

Tuicemen

Canada
51 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2017 :  10:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tuicemen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Given the limited range of Bluetooth and with Wi-Fi alternatives available I can't see this performing well.
Add to the fact it is for iPhones only = low sales I would think.
A better option would have been to add the low cost ($2.40 retail) ESP8266 Wi-Fi chip instead of the Bluetooth radio.
Go to Top of Page

lilyoyo1
Average Member

150 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2017 :  8:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant believe someone still makes "new"x10 products. x10 is like a roach in that no matter what you do, they just dont die
Go to Top of Page

Tuicemen

Canada
51 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  11:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tuicemen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I cant believe someone still makes "new"x10 products. x10 is like a roach in that no matter what you do, they just dont die

LOL
Exactly why I've never replaced them with other protocol devices.
The new owners of x10 WTI (Authinx) have introduced several new devices
and plan on adding more. Though I've not heard mention or rumors of a BT to X10 device from them.
Go to Top of Page

avion
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  12:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit avion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GEE WIZ GUYS! There are thousands of homes that have employed X10 and device modules are selling well online and from distributors. The present customer is using old controllers or PC software that is barely functional. Avion's BTX10 is elegant and designed for existing users to upgrade to an app that is full featured and one-button execution of events, scenes and activities. It's smooth and easy operating and quick to program with no compiling or ties to a PC. In single story homes around 2,500sq' BlueTooth works very well. The Avion BTX10 is not tied to a router and safe from hackers.

X10 is an industry standard and eventually it will be overshadowed by IoT connected home. But after 30 years of people buying X10, customers may keep using it with a GUI upgrade that give it a new look. For us, this development was a labor of love and hope today's users will see the value of a total upgrade of X10 like never before. When we see new DIY IP products that works flawlessly without rebooting, not sending blank or incorrect commands or necessitating time consuming trouble shooting in the field, then Avion will be onboard

Certainly respected high end manufacturers, i,e., Crestron, Control4, Savant, are superb systems. Avion's mission was to design the best GUI for low-end, moderate level systems. Check out the GUI, visit avioninnovative.com

Thanks!

Edited by - avion on 10/17/2017 12:23:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5603 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  3:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw your product for X10 on the JVDE X10 Forums.
http://jvde.us/forum/index.php?topic=380.msg1677#new

Was not too clear on your Lamp and Appliance Modules specifications.
Are the specifications the same as for an X10 module?
Like dimmer maximum and minimum wattage for the load or Soft Start feature on the Lamp Module?
Maximum relay switching current for the Appliance Module?

It looks like you are only supporting Apple products.
Does that mean you want to ignore Android X10 users?

Since most X10 compatible manufacturers have discontinued them and most generic automation forums say X10 is a dead protocol.
I suspect present users maybe the only ones possibly interested in your product.

Edited by - BLH on 10/18/2017 03:29:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

lilyoyo1
Average Member

150 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  5:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How does Bluetooth work very well in a single story 2500 sq home? I can't even get Bluetooth to work well with a wall between 2 rooms?
Go to Top of Page

Tuicemen

Canada
51 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  05:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tuicemen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lilyoyo1

How does Bluetooth work very well in a single story 2500 sq home? I can't even get Bluetooth to work well with a wall between 2 rooms?

Bluetooth radios come in several classes
http://bluetoothinsight.blogspot.ca/2008/01/bluetooth-power-classes.html
a class 1 device can be heard by a class 2 device at the max range of the class 1 however the class 1 won't hear the class2 at the same distance as its range is shorter.
There is a 4th class of Bluetooth not mentioned in the link which has (I'm told) a even shorter range.
Ranges can be extended with larger antennas.

Go to Top of Page

avion
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  12:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit avion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Regarding BlueTooth working well with Avion BX10 app and controller: Avion suggests in the user manual specific instructions where to place the controller. If followed, we are able to run the App in a 2500 Sq' home. The other factor is that the iPhone has superior transmit and receive sensitivity versus a set of BlueTooth headphones.

Finally, making reference to a comment about X10 is considered a dead protocol. " X10 is not dead until we say it is dead..."
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page