New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  07:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My new Note8 doesn't connect to the Insteon Hub.2245-222. Have been using it with Galaxy S8 w/o problems. The Hub still works fine, as I can control appliances/lights through Alexa. The same Android version as on S8. The only different thing is a carrier (switched to Sprint), but it shouldn't matter because the app doesn't connect on WiFi, either. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10407 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  08:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you certain you are using the same login credentials on all devices?

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  08:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tfitzpatri8

Are you certain you are using the same login credentials on all devices?

I believe so; Insteon app is authenticated and syncs with the server, only the last step (connecting to the hub) fails.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10407 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  09:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When this phone is connected to the same WiFi router where the Hub is plugged in, when you go to http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp does it show just this Hub? If so, on that connection, can you log in with the app?

At any point did you manually change the Hubís username or password from the ones on the label on the bottom of the Hub?

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  7:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

When this phone is connected to the same WiFi router where the Hub is plugged in, when you go to http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp does it show just this Hub? If so, on that connection, can you log in with the app?

At any point did you manually change the Hubís username or password from the ones on the label on the bottom of the Hub?

1.) It shows only this hub (Insteon ID and MAC are those of the hub)
2.) I could login by clicking on the internal IP address with the hub's username and password, if that's what you mean. I still couldn't login with the Insteon app
3. I did not change hub's username and password--I don't believe I would know how to and I'm not sure I ever used it

Thanks for all your help,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10407 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  8:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Iíd uninstall and reinstall the app.

Since the password is obscured as you enter it, you may find it easier to type it in an email or note (where you can see and correct any typos or upper/lower case issues), then cut and paste it into the app. Make sure you are entering the identical email and password you used when setting up the other devices, not trying to set up a second account.

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  10:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think Iíd uninstall and reinstall the app.

Since the password is obscured as you enter it, you may find it easier to type it in an email or note (where you can see and correct any typos or upper/lower case issues), then cut and paste it into the app. Make sure you are entering the identical email and password you used when setting up the other devices, not trying to set up a second account.

I did reinstall the app one more time now, but it still doesn't work. Again, as the server authenticates my login, the username and password are correct.

It seems to me that, as weird as it might be, the problem must be on the Smarthome side. Does the server or hub also authenticate a phone in some way? I recently had to recreate all scenes and devices after my previous hub died; please, don't tell me that new phone is also a reason for Smarthome to force us to open new account and start all over?

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10407 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  06:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Negative.

Are you certain you are using the right login info for the new Hub? If you were plugging in credentials for your *original* Hub, that would explain your ability to log into Insteonís server but not into your home bridge.

If thatís not it, if you donít find your answer here in the user-to-user forums, then Iíd recommend reaching out to Insteonís tech support.

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  07:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Negative.

Are you certain you are using the right login info for the new Hub? If you were plugging in credentials for your *original* Hub, that would explain your ability to log into Insteonís server but not into your home bridge.

If thatís not it, if you donít find your answer here in the user-to-user forums, then Iíd recommend reaching out to Insteonís tech support.

I'm not doing anything different from when I had my old phone. Hub was replaced in July and I was using it with Galaxy S8 until 10 days ago. After I bought new Note8, I cannot get Hub to connect. NOTHING ELSE HAS CHANGED: old Insteon account, same Hub, same WiFi router....

Yes, I'll call tech support. Thank you for trying to help,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Jack1982
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2017 :  09:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]

quote:

Negative.

I'm not doing anything different from when I had my old phone. Hub was replaced in July and I was using it with Galaxy S8 until 10 days ago. After I bought new Note8, I cannot get Hub to connect. NOTHING ELSE HAS CHANGED: old Insteon account, same Hub, same WiFi router....

Yes, I'll call tech support. Thank you for trying to help,

Dave

Hi Dave, did you manage to solve this through support?
Thanks
Jack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page