Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Insteon Homekit (2243-222) hub capabilities?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TominPA
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  10:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm sure this is in the minutes, but I'm also sure I'll never find it, so here goes... My 2245-222 hub died and I figured that by now my Homekit hub (2243-222) would have caught up with modern times. I had decided to recycle this hub after a great deal of frustration, but still had it and so I tried setting it up. I've already been told by Insteon tech support to delete the Insteon+ app from my phone and to just use the Homekit to add devices. My problem is that the hub seems to have trouble linking to my Insteon bulbs and won't recognize at least one of my wall dimmers and so they don't show up in Home. Should I be surprised?
Also, I have several Insteon remotes that seem to no longer link (though for some reason still work!). I'm guessing that the advanced Homekit hub does not support them--is this correct?
I'm guessing the proper strategy for me is to replace the dead 2245-222 hub and get on with it, but is there some reason other than the cost for not doing this?

Thanks for the help,
Tom

BLH
Advanced Member

5603 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  03:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the list from Insteon.com
Not all Insteon devices are supported or have limited feature support.
http://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/2015/5/26/supported-insteon-devices-with-insteon

Here is the list for the 2242-222 and 2245-222 hubs.
http://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/2015/3/23/insteon-for-hub-supported-devices-by-platform

Edited by - BLH on 10/13/2017 03:39:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page