New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alex_mercer
Starting Member

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  12:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the difference between a normal security system and a fire alarm security system? Sorry if this question sounds dumb and silly but I'm still looking around to find what I exactly need.

The biggest doubt I have is whether it offers extra protection from burglars by emitting high pitch noises that has potential to wake up the whole neighbourhood and then out of the blue they decide to shun me from the community. Or should I for a handful of security cameras installed in strategic locations?

Regards,
Alex

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10564 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  07:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both can make obnoxious noise. Both can alert you that your property is endangered. One can potentially save you and your neighbors’ lives from accidental death.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

peteralan
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  07:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost all modern home burglar alarms come with the ability to monitor fire alarms. The difference between something that is strictly for burglar vs something that is strictly for fire is going to be what sensors you attach to the system. My company, Alarm Grid, generally works with 2GIG and Honeywell exclusively at the moment. So, I can really only speak to those panels. But they are a good proxy for understanding the market as a whole, since those two companies are really responsible for driving most of the modern innovation in technology.
Go to Top of Page

vedardalarm
Starting Member

China
8 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2017 :  02:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit vedardalarm's Homepage  Click to see vedardalarm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A fire alarm security system is with 100, 200, 300, 400 and more monitor points for connection of the sensors of a public building. It has strict requirement such as NFPA requirement and standard code.
It has function of gas extinguisher, Fire sprinkler and fire Fire evacuation broadcasting system.
For normal security system, it focuses on burglar alarm and CCTV surveillance.

Edited by - vedardalarm on 10/25/2017 02:50:52 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page