New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slash32487
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  09:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im currently installing what to me seems like a lot of systems into my new home.

Maybe im making a mistake and i need some guidance.

I do want separate systems and not sure whether or not i want all or some to talk to each other. Does Apple homekit or google home connect to most if not all?

According to Vivnt i cannot use my own cameras "only zwave items are compatible" or lutron to get onto their system which i do not believe to be true. if they are able to allow 3rd party thermostats such as nest and lights like philips hue there must be a way to connect my lutron and my cameras.

Can someone shed light on how a local camera system can go onto my vivint security system. or how i can install zwave cameras and make a local storage.

Vivint
Lutron Radio RA2
Local Camera System that can also be hosted
Panasonic PBX home phone

I do not care for the PBX phone system and would like my vivint doorbell to also ring at the pbx and or any other home phone system.
reason for home phone system would be mainly to page other rooms and answer the doorbell.

slash32487
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  10:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after starting to read some posts in this forum im questioning getting Vivint. Seems like most people are similar to me and want to be able to integrate how they want what they want and run the system on their own.

Am i making a mistake?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page