GE/Interlogix X10 Alarm Interface
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atsteph
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  06:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I currently have my Interlogix NX-8 equipped with a NX-508E and X10 Pro PSC04, which sends X-10 signals, based on events that occur in the alarm system (fire, alarm, motion, etc). My ISY picks up these x10 events and runs appropriate programs in response, such as emails/messages, turn Insteon modules on/off, etc. It has been working great for a long time!

I have just purchased another house and would like to take the same approach. The X10 products for the alarm system are readily available. The problem is that I can no longer find the X10 Pro PSC04 or similar X10 modem, even used on ebay.

My question is: can the Insteon Serial PLM substitute for the PSC04?

BLH
Advanced Member

5705 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  3:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No the 2413S Serial and 2413U USB PLM's are not anywhere close to the X10PRO PSC04/X10 PL513 interfaces.
The JV Digital Engineering XTB-523 is a replacement of the PSC05/TW523. With much better features.
It is two way and not a direct replacement for the send only PSC04/PL513.

Jeff has mentioned making modifications to it for those who are looking for a PSC04/PL513. Requires rewiring the output jack. As the PSC04 uses two commons and the PSC05 used one common and the other pin was reassigned to receive data out.
You may want to contact him and see about it.
http://jvde.us/xtb-523.htm

Some security systems had a X10 interface jumper to pick a PSC04/PL513 or PSC05/TW523. You may want to see if yours has such a choice.

You may also want to search Ebay for the X10 part number PL513.
I believe I saw a used one recently.

Edited by - BLH on 11/03/2017 4:19:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Msradell

58 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  4:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are certainly out there if you do some digging. I just found this 1 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0006I3ARQ/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all It's overpriced compared to what they used to cost but prices fluctuate balancing between supply and demand in this case the supply of very low. I'm sure you will find others out there if you do some searching.
Go to Top of Page

atsteph
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  4:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely contact JV.

As for the ebay and amazon, I am keeping my searches open. The model I found on ebay, had actually been returned earlier due to no-op.

Many thanks again, for the help
Go to Top of Page

atsteph
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2017 :  10:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I contacted JV and purchased an XTB-523 interface.

Yesterday, I connected it to the Interlogix 508E expansion module for the NX-8, and it worked perfectly the first time. It sends X10 messages, which are received by my ISY, and I process them accordingly. For example, fire alarm flashes all lights. Motion detectors in the alarm system can tell the ISY if the house is occupied, and ISY programs run the appropriate automation (thermostats, light controls, etc)

By the way, since this installation is in a second home, remote access is critical, and Mobilinc Connect handles multiple ISY's with ease.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5705 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2017 :  03:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the updates.
I am glad its is working for you.

The XTB-523 has a much better design than the X10-X10Pro ones.
Much higher power line transmitter back on the power lines and receiver if you where using it.

Edited by - BLH on 11/25/2017 03:28:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page