Moving from the 80s to current hardware
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ekraus
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  09:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using X10 for I guess about 30 years. I have some radioShack modules that still work and are from the 80's. Well my CM1132 is on its way out as well as all my x10 stuff. So I want to replace all the modules with something. I have some SonOff modules but the app for them is pretty lousy. i was looking for a controller like Echo Dot or Google controller. And all i want to do is similar to the Smarthome Plus software. Schedule lights, Water heater pool pump, etc. But it appears that all the new fangled controllers do is Listen and Talk back. yest the turn on lights but don't act like a standalone controller. So I am looking for some Network device that will work with almost every ones devices.
Would like any suggestions.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10564 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out the ISY. It is a stand-alone controller with all the conditional logic you are used to built in, it can be used to manage both your INSTEON and x10gear as you transition, and it offers optional portal connections to Alexa and other web apps and services.

See http://www.universal-devices.com/residential/ and http://forum.universal-devices.com

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

ekraus
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  11:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had been looking at the ISY equipment for years. Never really turned me on. Would like them to support all the devices Echo does. My first computer interface was i think a CM11A
then I moved to CM 1132 with the Smarthome+ software has been great. The x10 technology worked great for years.
I still have lots of devices, even some old leviton 2P 220V 30A controllers. I tried the insteon stuff but the devices didn't
last. Surges killed them. I want to migrate away from the x10 stuff all together.I wana go wifi, or bluetooth or zigbe or all of them.
Problem is all of this new stuff is missing the software the most important software to make you house smart. The ability to put triggers in. Time, event and scheduled. The smarthome plus software was so far ahead of its time. Then they abandoned it. For me i would love to have a web enabled device that had similar software. I just hope i don't have to but a couple of dozen timers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page