Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shawn D.
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  08:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Folks,

The ToggleLinc PLC Dimmer (P/N 23894W) I have controlling my master bedroom lights has gone haywire, rapidly flashing the lights (the lights that are the load, not the LED on the ToggleLinc). The unit will not respond to either X-10 commands or to physical manipulation of the toggle. The only way to get it to turn off is to pull the Set Button out.

Following the "Factory Reset" procedure in the manual accomplishes nothing. The load will ramp up smoothly, then when it gets to 100%, the rapid flashing starts again.

I suspect an internal component has failed. I know these are not intended to be user-serviceable, but I have a good bit of electronics experience and I don't want to buy an Insteon unit to replace this (too expensive and it would be my only Insteon device). Does anyone have experience with this failure mode? If you were able to fix it, what was the fix?

Thanks,
Shawn

BLH
Advanced Member

5703 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  08:39:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would suspect power supply capacitors deteriorating.

Insteon model may not be an option anymore. X10 support in Insteon Modules has been dropped awhile back.
Go to Top of Page

Shawn D.
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  1:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, BLH. I may do a little dissection and see if there's anything I can replace.

"X10 support in Insteon Modules has been dropped awhile back." Well, dang. Goes to show how long it's been since I looked at those.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page