Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Does double tap send a different Insteon Message?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

majortom

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  10:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I double tap a switch to activate the quick On/Off, does it send a different Insteon message than just a single tap?

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10562 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  11:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. A quick double-tap sends a Fast On that overrides the ramp rate and dim level in the scene, turning responders on 100% instantly.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

altadosis
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  02:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to use the double tap to turn on a light. I have the controller remote 8 scene, I already programmed 2 plug in modules to the remote, both of them works great with the dim light thing.

But when I try to set a third plug in, to a letter c or d in my control, when I click the button to ON, nothing happens, I have to double tap to turn on and I donít like that!

How can I change that? I just want to click once to turn on and one to turn off. No double tap.

Help me!

REMOTE 2342-2 MINI REMOTE
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5703 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  03:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are doing manual linking with the set buttons and not through a controller. Like a HUB or ISY994i.
Make sure when you link them. The module linked to the button. Is ON or at the dim level you want the button to do. As you can link a remote On button to turn Off a module. A double tap sends a Fast On Fast Off as pointed out. Bypassing the level it was linked with.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  1:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Remote control doesn't know if a different device changed the state of the load. If the load was turned on using to remote and later turned on using a different device, the remote is still in the On mode. A single tap will set the button to off, a second tat is needed to turn the load back on.

To make the remote aware of what other devices do would require that the battery be energized 24/7, greatly decreasing the time between charges, nearly daily.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page