Leak Sensor will not link w ISY994i
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jlloyd_SH

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  4:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 4 leak sensors (Insteon 2852-222) and have had three installed for about a year. I have a fourth one that has been sitting around. It is a 1614rev2.1S version device. I have been unable to get it linked as a sensor with my ISY 994i version 4.6.2 firmware. I have tried many ways to do it to no avail. It blinks as if it is in linking mode but when I try to link from the admin console the linking application for New Insteon device just closes and nothing results. I have done factory resets also. The linking blink state expires with no link ever materializes on the console. I have a fairly large number of dual devices and signal extenders so I do not believe it is a weak signal problem. How do I determine if there is any radio signal? I have had one diagnostic return Leak sensor V00 Cannot determine Insteon engine.

Jim

stusviews

USA
15836 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  4:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mention that you tried several methods, but you didn't detail what you actually did.

Also, most important, are your UI and firmware the same version? If not, then expect the unexpected.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10523 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  5:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can test the leak sensor by tap-linking directly to a dual-band INSTEON module.

If that works as expected, then youíd want to look into why the ISY isnít seeing it. The best place for answers to ISY questions is the ISY forum: http://forum.universal-devices.com

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

jlloyd_SH

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  5:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I linked it to a switch relay and the relay of a keypadlinc. Both responded instantly to the pressing of the leak detector set switch. I suspect that shows that the transmitter on the detector works OK.

Jim

Edited by - jlloyd_SH on 02/07/2018 5:26:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

jlloyd_SH

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  5:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]

Also, most important, are your UI and firmware the same version? If not, then expect the unexpected.

The UI and the firmware are both the same version 4.6.2.

When I said I tried every way, I used the linking application of the UD admin console to link it. I specified its hexadecimal address, named it and identified the device type and tried each of the three button selections. As I said I did a few factory resets. That is what I meant by trying all ways I could think about doing it. Only once as I asked it to start linking did it appear to try and then return the error message about no Insteon engine. I could not understand what that meant.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10523 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  5:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlloyd_SH

I linked it to a switch relay and the relay of a keypadlinc. Both responded instantly to the pressing of the leak detector set switch. I suspect that shows that the transmitter on the detector works OK.

Exactly. Donít forget to unlink from those two modules to avoid unintended operation, then check with the ISY folks to troubleshoot that side.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

jlloyd_SH

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  5:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have already unlinked the sensor from the two devices. Thank you.

Jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page