New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  3:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two LampLinc modules in our family room that periodically will start caused our lamps to turn on an off repeatedly. I can go for weeks or months with no problems, then suddenly these two lamps will blink on and off. Both lamps have LED bulbs and have worked with those bulbs for long periods of time with no problems. I have tried rebooting the hub. I've checked to make sure the LampLinc modules were not set below 100% on the dimmer as neither the bulbs nor the lamps support dimming. I've tried unplugging the LampLinc modules and moving them to different plugs on the same outlet (there is no other outlet close by that is reachable; oddly switching to a different plug on the same outlet has worked in the past but is not working this time). What could be the issue? There have been no significant changes to our electrical system.

Best Regards,
Miller Hogan

Msradell

54 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  8:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're using dimmer modules even if they are set at 100% I've seen them cause problems. Try kicking them out with some modules that are just on and off and not dimmable. I'm betting that will solve the problem.
Go to Top of Page

lilyoyo1

209 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  01:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using a non dimming device with a dimmer can damage either or both devices. The lamp itself doesn't have to support dimming. However if you are going to use a dimmable lamplinc you should be using a dimmable bulb. Hopefully you haven't damaged the triacs in the time you have been using them. I would recommend replacing your bulbs with the proper bulb that it was designed for. Cree, Philips, and feit all make bulbs that work well with the lamplinc.

Edited by - lilyoyo1 on 02/15/2018 01:17:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5669 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  03:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both the LampLinc and LED bulbs electronics maybe aging and causing issues.

Beside the issue of LED bulbs not dimmable on a LampLinc dimmer module. That should be corrected.

Are you using the power line only 2457D modules? I have seen things like pulsing and cycling when they start to have electronic component problems. If it was not so long between the problem happening. I would try testing it with an old fashioned incandescent bulb and see if it still was strange.

Plugging the module into the other connector on the same outlet. Just did a power reset on the module. As most have both connectors on outlet. On the same branch circuit. Probably reset any strangeness it was dong.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page